Distin absent from training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this talk of him sulking is true, then I honestly think we'll see Mo Bez in at CB before Distin. Think the milkmans days are numbered. Contract up at the end of season. Will more than likely sit it out until then. He's been a fantastic servant, and it would be a shame to bow out like this, but he has been bad this season and his age looks like it might be finally catching up with him. Shame.
Think we'll still see him sometime in the next few games, as @Jozzy pointed out Jags will need a rest at some point before Stones returns.

But given that Alcaraz was good against Swansea and hasn't seemed to make any fuss about being 4th choice last season or this, can understand why he was picked ahead of Distin.

Wouldn't surprise me if Distin went out on loan in January.

Clearly rumours of the dispute were true, and there's only going to be one winner when you take on a manager.

Think we'll still see him sometime in the next few games, as @Jozzy pointed out Jags will need a rest at some point before Sornes returns.

But given that Alcaraz was good against Swansea and hasn't seemed to make any fuss about being 4th choice last season or this, can understand why he was picked ahead of Distin.

Whether Distin plays again or not, I agree that Alcaraz should have been picked first. Actually pretty good today. Honestly think Sylvain is done with us. Not even making the bench is a huge deal. Unless of course he has a niggle, in which case I'm maybe making too much of it.

Him not even being on the bench today would indicate the rumours were true. He's fit, after all.

People who would know have always said they were true. Martinez was never going to come out and say it was true, because good managers don't hang people out to dry, they keep it in-house. Plus there's nearly 3 months until the window opens and he can go out on loan to a team that matches his opinion of himself.

Whether Distin plays again or not, I agree that Alcaraz should have been picked first. Actually pretty good today. Honestly think Sylvain is done with us. Not even making the bench is a huge deal. Unless of course he has a niggle, in which case I'm maybe making too much of it.
If the rumours of the fallout are true, and still not 100% convinced they are, it depends on how he reacts. If he is sulking and bringing that attitude to training, no way will he even make the bench as one of the kids will. But if he's blown up and got it out of his system and is now back training well think it only a matter of time before we see him as Roberto doesn't seem the type to carry on a grudge.

@everton: RM: "We had both Sylvain and Antolin fit but Antolin has looked really good in training so I thought he should have the opportunity to play"

Last edited:
Really hope whatever has been going on can be resolved, we're going to need him especially with stones out for so long.

If you could tell me something he's done positive or right this season I'd be interested to know...

We could be bottom by sunday evening or least in bottom 3.

Not even gonna bother giving you an answer. I could point to numerous positives. I'm sure you'd try to swat them down with our current record.

He is shocking this season so it is fair to drop him as he has been dired whenever he plays. He is a great servant to the club and serves us well so I don't like things gone like this way.

I really hope this isnt how his club career ends. He's been pretty boss for us and was a fantastic replacement for Lescott when he left.

But if he is going to be a petulant child then he needs to be gone with immediate haste.

He is shocking this season so it is fair to drop him as he has been dired whenever he plays. He is a great servant to the club and serves us well so I don't like things gone like this way.

To not be on the bench means there's definitely something going/gone on.

I think after 3/4 games it's a bit knee jerk to say he's been shocking this season or he's finished. Whilst he didn't play well (along with others) his form could quite possibly have picked up very quickly.

I don't think his face fits in RM plan tbh. Never has and was probably why Alcaraz came with RM from wigan. However it would of been a BIG gamble to break up the partnership last season. With the bonus of stones, and distins poor start to the season, it was RM perfect opportunity to break it up. Clearly Distin hasn't taken it very well and reacted completely in the wrong way.

Hope if he's let go we spend some money on a quality CB. Would still love to see us go for Nastastic.

We could be bottom by sunday evening or least in bottom 3.

care to dance ?

Daniel-Sturridge-dance.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.