Distin absent from training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard he had a bust up with Roberto and said he would never play for him again
I think your source may have been wrong mate. Be as it may.

They were drunken, drug-abusing morons! Distin is an ultra-professional. Martinez has handled this awfully like everything else this season
lol. Get a grip mate. I don't mind an alternate opinion but mind crushing constant negativity just becomes silly. Hence the calls of kopite and wum from other posters.

They were drunken, drug-abusing morons! Distin is an ultra-professional. Martinez has handled this awfully like everything else this season

Is that you Si Currie???

So Martinez has handled everything awfully this season. Go have a word with yourself.

Is that you Si Currie???

So Martinez has handled everything awfully this season. Go have a word with yourself.

If you could tell me something he's done positive or right this season I'd be interested to know...

We could be bottom by sunday evening or least in bottom 3.

My only worry with stones out so long is alcaraz being injury prone especially when he plays so many games, if we have a half arsed distin or one with trouble with martinez If that's true could leave us in a bit of trouble at the back

My only worry with stones out so long is alcaraz being injury prone especially when he plays so many games, if we have a half arsed distin or one with trouble with martinez If that's true could leave us in a bit of trouble at the back

Browning will be given a bash if necessary, don't worry. If RM is happy to play him in his less favoured position in the derby and at Old Trafford, he'll be happy to play him at CB if he needs to.

clearly not going to be used unless theres no other option
Jags is going to need a rest soon, we can't keep playing him so much, he spent his summer playing in Brazil, has played every Prem and Europa League minute for us this season (only game he's missed was the Swansea League Cup game.) He also played a full 90' in both Of England's matches last week.

Personally I think Martinez will keep Jags and Alcaraz there again midweek in the Lille game and then again next weekend against Burnley, I'm fine with that especially with Jags looking fine but there is going to come a point were we really will need to rotate.

His best XI days may be over but he is still going to be needed.

Alcarez didn't have to do a thing today, the back four wher nervy at times with some very strange pressured passes, but he did OK.

Not even on the bench today.

I wonder if there would be some clubs interested in taking him in January? We'd only get a few hundred grand so probably best off keeping him, but is there any point in doing so if him and Bobby are going to remain at loggerheads?

Also, at the moment, it looks like we will only really have two centre backs come the end of the season (Jags and Stones) as Distin and Alcaraz are out of contract.

If this talk of him sulking is true, then I honestly think we'll see Mo Bez in at CB before Distin. Think the milkmans days are numbered. Contract up at the end of season. Will more than likely sit it out until then. He's been a fantastic servant, and it would be a shame to bow out like this, but he has been bad this season and his age looks like it might be finally catching up with him. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.