Distin absent from training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browning and Alcaraz ahead of him in the pecking order now then. Shame if there's been a fallout as I've been a big fan of his over the years, but I suppose he's 36 now and he has been making mistakes. If he's thrown the dummy out then I suspect its a combination of not being able to accept that he's been error prone and that his days are numbered. Still a travesty he's never had a France cap.

Why? Apart from the few mistakes last season, he was okay yesterday and showed he could cope. Yeah, he's not the best but he'll do for now, whilst Distin is fooking off to France uninjured.

Alcaraz did do well yesterday, but he was up against a Villa side who haven't scored a goal in four games. I still maintain that Alcaraz isn't good enough, and that he will be shown up big time against the better sides.

Why? Apart from the few mistakes last season, he was okay yesterday and showed he could cope. Yeah, he's not the best but he'll do for now, whilst Distin is fooking off to France uninjured.

Quite apart from how good he is - you have to factor in Alcaraz's fitness. The guy needs a week off after tying his boots.

Alcaraz did do well yesterday, but he was up against a Villa side who haven't scored a goal in four games. I still maintain that Alcaraz isn't good enough, and that he will be shown up big time against the better sides.

Distin's been horrific this season though and at 37 safe to say he should be retired to stud

Which of our centre halves haven't been shown up against the better sides?

I don't understand the agenda over Alcaraz's ability. All of our centre halves have had shockers - Stones was awful at anfield last season, Jags gave Chelsea a two goal start this season and Distin has made loads of errors. Yet Alcaraz's mistakes are highlighted to a much greater extent.

If he doesn't feature tonight I think something is certainly up, i doubt martinez would consistently play alcaraz without breaks in between matches due to his injury record if we had a fit and able distin to rotate with

The Frenchman hasn’t featured in the Blues squad since the Capital One Cup defeat at Swansea when his error resulted in the decisive second goal for the Welsh side.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.