Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

that seems to be one of my problems at the moment, a poor sleep pattern. I just feel tired all the time even when I have had a sleep but I can't sleep then lol. waking up is like having a hangover, thick head and dry mouth like you described. my head pressure was relieved by a stent as the blood flow to the head was ok but wasn't flowing back down as it should.
Hello my 'old' friend.
Good to read you are still fighting the good fight. Unfortunately, feeling low from continually feeling unwell often deprives us of the thing we seek most. Sleep. Not just any sleep, but a deep, meaningful sleep where one can actually feel the benefit and wake up refreshed. Feeling continually knackered only adds to all other injustices that illness bestows upon you.
The dry mouth you describe is often attributed to Sjurgrens Syndrome, and is often accompanied by dry itchy eyes, but I believe there is medication for it. Whether it would be compatible with your current medication would need to be at the advice of your GP.
Also, a poor circulation is often related to Reynauds Phenomena, but can also be relieved by medication. I am not medical, so please excuse my spelling as I have typed these words the way they are pronounced.
I don't know if any of this makes sense or is indeed in any way useful, it's just that I would like to help. I do believe if anybody deserves to have more quality in their life, it is you.
Take care.

This was a great post that has some good advice in it :) you are right. I need to seek happiness personally and not rely on other people or other people's actions. None of it sounded harsh. I am not sure if I genuinely do need more or it's just a communication problem but I would go with the former... I've always expected to feel something more than I do with him... not that I can put my finger on it but I've always wondered if there is more to what we had.
You did exactly the right thing, as it was doesn't seem as if it was the right thing for you.
Much better to make a clean break sooner rather than later when there could be more emotional problems to overcome.

The one thing I've suffered massively with is self esteem, since I became single I've zero confidence.
Not an unnatural emotion, as in any break-up, the first thing we feel is inadequacy.
We also feel that we are disliked and will never find friendship again.
But truthfully, you found it before, and you will find it again. Probably much sooner than you will dare to imagine.

i would like this comment but that sounds more than a bit funky!

thanks tho', how was you diagnosed? via ct scan?
x ray, they found another tumour on the main aorta by the heart which was restricting the blood flow. that's when they diagnosed me terminal.
not trying to scare you, mine was cancer related but there are loads of other reasons why veins are blocked.

x ray, they found ane toother tumour on the main aorta by the heart which was restricting the blood flow. that's when they diagnosed me terminal.
not trying to scare you, mine was cancer related but there are loads of other reasons why veins are blocked.

Great to see you posting still mate. ;)

I pop in here only occasionally, so it is nice to see.

Hello my 'old' friend.
Good to read you are still fighting the good fight. Unfortunately, feeling low from continually feeling unwell often deprives us of the thing we seek most. Sleep. Not just any sleep, but a deep, meaningful sleep where one can actually feel the benefit and wake up refreshed. Feeling continually knackered only adds to all other injustices that illness bestows upon you.
The dry mouth you describe is often attributed to Sjurgrens Syndrome, and is often accompanied by dry itchy eyes, but I believe there is medication for it. Whether it would be compatible with your current medication would need to be at the advice of your GP.
Also, a poor circulation is often related to Reynauds Phenomena, but can also be relieved by medication. I am not medical, so please excuse my spelling as I have typed these words the way they are pronounced.
I don't know if any of this makes sense or is indeed in any way useful, it's just that I would like to help. I do believe if anybody deserves to have more quality in their life, it is you.
Take care.
thanks. I have a spray and an ointment which are artificial saliva which relieves the dryness. I have reluctantly started taking painkillers which have eased my discomforts allowing me to sleep better. I still feel tired/weary but more refreshed if that makes any sense lol.

This was a great post that has some good advice in it :) you are right. I need to seek happiness personally and not rely on other people or other people's actions. None of it sounded harsh. I am not sure if I genuinely do need more or it's just a communication problem but I would go with the former... I've always expected to feel something more than I do with him... not that I can put my finger on it but I've always wondered if there is more to what we had.

Sounds like you are both happy with the decision so must be right! Take time out fom it all and don't rush into anything new. You might still find absence makes the heart grow fonder, but till it does take time for yourself. Don't worry - a blue will come along eventually - then you will find happiness and a shared misery in Everton! Good luck

I played in the best schoolboy Sunday league team in my area of Liverpool, from the ages of about 10 - 14 and got dropped for no apparent reason at the age of 14, spending the whole season as a sub.

It affected me that badly that I stopped playing football for ten years.

It's your self confidence that's taken a big knock, not your sporting ability.

In hindsight I should've moved teams as my face didn't fit anymore, but I was that hung up on being in the best team, I couldn't see it.

Maybe something to think about ?
I've played for 17 years for my club, I couldn't possibly leave. I'll be back in the frame sometime this season I'm sure. They've supported me to help me get higher honours so I'm going to repay the support by helping those who are playing and fighting my way back in.
Waking up this morning I'm glad I'm disappointed, it means I care and gives me a new goal.

I've played for 17 years for my club, I couldn't possibly leave. I'll be back in the frame sometime this season I'm sure. They've supported me to help me get higher honours so I'm going to repay the support by helping those who are playing and fighting my way back in.
Waking up this morning I'm glad I'm disappointed, it means I care and gives me a new goal.
Spot on

x ray, they found another tumour on the main aorta by the heart which was restricting the blood flow. that's when they diagnosed me terminal.

it's brilliant you're active in here posting, mate...a boost and an education too, thanks very much!

aye, there's tons of reasons that could be causing the pressure in my case...i'll go to the spezialist and take it from there.

Going to see my counsilor soon, just feel I need to talk to her. she's not officially a councillor, she is my lung cancer nurse and she has been behind me for over 3 years now and she knows more about me than anyone I know outside family. I just need to let off steam and she is a good listener and gives me good advice if she feels she needs to give it. I know I can vent on here but for me it's easier talking than writing and actually facing someone makes a difference.
hope everyone is ok. take care :).

thanks. I have a spray and an ointment which are artificial saliva which relieves the dryness. I have reluctantly started taking painkillers which have eased my discomforts allowing me to sleep better. I still feel tired/weary but more refreshed if that makes any sense lol.
Some better news for you, which is really good. Anything which can bring, at least, some slight easing of your constant discomfort is a real blessing. Long may it continue, plus any other benefits which will surely come your way, as they are richly deserved.

Going to see my counsilor soon, just feel I need to talk to her. she's not officially a councillor, she is my lung cancer nurse and she has been behind me for over 3 years now and she knows more about me than anyone I know outside family. I just need to let off steam and she is a good listener and gives me good advice if she feels she needs to give it. I know I can vent on here but for me it's easier talking than writing and actually facing someone makes a difference.
hope everyone is ok. take care :).
Good you have somebody you can talk to in real life. And sometimes if that person is not family, you can say things that you may not be able to talk to family about.