Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Bounce in there with your head in the clouds and enjoy the warm reception off those who matter most and stood by you throughout, your pupils.
The kids always know whats right and aren't wary of authority the way adults are.
They never forget either and those who wronged you will get their's back in bucketloads off them.
But with your Union brief

I posted on here back in January about a disciplinary hearing i had. I've had 8 months suspension from work due to management trying to get rid of me. Basically because I was the Union Rep and held them to account.
The Union (NEU) have been brilliant and forced the local authority to appoint an independent investigator. This has prolonged the process but today I had my final hearing and have been exonerated with no case to answer.
We will now be pursuing the school for compensation. It's a huge weight off my shoulders.
If anyone is going through anything similar, trust the Unions and never give up.
Congratulations lid. My equivalent (to me) issue took four years. My union back then, Nasuwt, backed out when it came to the money shot. So I went private and although I got a reasonable outcome financially, with an NDA, my job had gone and career prospects went down the shItter.
Edit: Not wanting to pee on your chips but don't assume your union will back you to the hilt when it comes to financial settlements. If they do, take a second opinion anyway.

Congratulations lid. My equivalent (to me) issue took four years. My union back then, Nasuwt, backed out when it came to the money shot. So I went private and although I got a reasonable outcome financially, with an NDA, my job had gone and career prospects went down the shItter.
Edit: Not wanting to pee on your chips but don't assume your union will back you to the hilt when it comes to financial settlements. If they do, take a second opinion anyway.
Yes I gather they are pretty cautious. I also don't trust the school not to use delaying tactics to stop me either returning or getting any money. It will go on for a while yet I fear.

Yes I gather they are pretty cautious. I also don't trust the school not to use delaying tactics to stop me either returning or getting any money. It will go on for a while yet I fear.
The education authority at the time delayed my safeguarding/whistleblowing accusations by over a year mate. You have had a positive outcome quite quickly, just don't let them push you into a quick financial resolution. Pay the money, seek independent legal advice, but don't tell your union. Make sure your private solicitor and union are in the same ball park. Mine varied by massively after going private*.

*No, I am not buying Everton

Drop me a PM if you want lid, no nudes**

** ok just a few, if you insist,

The education authority at the time delayed my safeguarding/whistleblowing accusations by over a year mate. You have had a positive outcome quite quickly, just don't let them push you into a quick financial resolution. Pay the money, seek independent legal advice, but don't tell your union. Make sure your private solicitor and union are in the same ball park. Mine varied by massively after going private*.

*No, I am not buying Everton

Drop me a PM if you want lid, no nudes**

** ok just a few, if you insist,
Cheers I'll see how it goes. I was just very relieved yesterday after worrying about the hearing etc. I'm under no illusions about what happens next.

Cheers I'll see how it goes. I was just very relieved yesterday after worrying about the hearing etc. I'm under no illusions about what happens next.
It sounds like your union have done you proud mate. The school/trust or whatever probably won't want you 'saying stuff' and the union will also be saying the same to the people who tried to **** you over. There's every likelihood they might see a settlement too, as bad as it sounds.

It sounds like your union have done you proud mate. The school/trust or whatever probably won't want you 'saying stuff' and the union will also be saying the same to the people who tried to **** you over. There's every likelihood they might see a settlement too, as bad as it sounds.
Id take a settlement if it's fair. I'm not working with those snakes again. As soon as I went back they would try to do me again.

So I was at work today for a meeting with management and my Rep and the bast**** were acting like they were ok having me back and planning a phased return etc.
I know they would bin me at a moments notice though and I can't trust them as they would have sacked me without staff coming out on strike to support me.
For a while I had that Stockholm syndrome type thing where I thought maybe I could return and then apply for other jobs. Especially as it doesn't sound like I'll get any more than being paid off up to Christmas and a positive reference.
But I think I'd better not. They will do something similar and then I'm finished.

So I was at work today for a meeting with management and my Rep and the bast**** were acting like they were ok having me back and planning a phased return etc.
I know they would bin me at a moments notice though and I can't trust them as they would have sacked me without staff coming out on strike to support me.
For a while I had that Stockholm syndrome type thing where I thought maybe I could return and then apply for other jobs. Especially as it doesn't sound like I'll get any more than being paid off up to Christmas and a positive reference.
But I think I'd better not. They will do something similar and then I'm finished.
What have your union advised mate?

I posted on here back in January about a disciplinary hearing i had. I've had 8 months suspension from work due to management trying to get rid of me. Basically because I was the Union Rep and held them to account.
The Union (NEU) have been brilliant and forced the local authority to appoint an independent investigator. This has prolonged the process but today I had my final hearing and have been exonerated with no case to answer.
We will now be pursuing the school for compensation. It's a huge weight off my shoulders.
If anyone is going through anything similar, trust the Unions and never give up.
Brilliant news x

What have your union advised mate?
They basically said as I've been paid during my suspension it's unlikely I'll get much of a payout. We are taking out a grievance procedure against the head but that's not going to affect this.
I've got to phone the rep tomorrow with my decision. All my friends who are teachers and ex colleagues are saying get out while you can.