Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe he still has a thread.

Yes he's been injured, but two weeks 'rehab' in the sunshine doesn't mean shovelling a load of Guinness down your neck most nights and falling over.

He had a spell about 3 seasons back when he was undroppable and I was gutted when the (inevitable) injury came. But that's just it, an injury is *always* just around the corner.

If he was a racehorse he wouldn't be shot, but he would be donated to a riding stables for little kids to practice on.

Haha....I like that last bit!!

Good player, shame about injurys. Although I do feel RM is over cautious with players coming back from injurys. I mean Moyes got them back in ASAP (mainly out of need) but I've seen nothing to suggest bobby's way keeps them injury free more.

I wouldn't be actively looking to sell gibbo, however if a good offer came in and a replacement could be brought in with the cash then maybe, why not?

I'll be honest I completely forgot about him. Martinez seems to keep the media updated on Kone, Stones, Oviedo, McCarthy but never Gibson. Strange that.

Haha....I like that last bit!!

Good player, shame about injurys. Although I do feel RM is over cautious with players coming back from injurys. I mean Moyes got them back in ASAP (mainly out of need) but I've seen nothing to suggest bobby's way keeps them injury free more.

I wouldn't be actively looking to sell gibbo, however if a good offer came in and a replacement could be brought in with the cash then maybe, why not?

I think we have a greater problem that over-caution.

I read somewhere a few days ago that we have had a total of 17 hamstring injuries to 11 different players in 2014.

That's pretty high.

Will be out for Stoke aswell. Absolute sick note if someone offered £3-4 mil snatch their hands off and invest it in another besic

He needs to play regularly to stay fit. Cameos here and there just lead to knocks and pulled muscles. We need more penetration and tempo so just drop sideways Barry for Gibson, put him with Barkley and watch us go.

He needs to play regularly to stay fit. Cameos here and there just lead to knocks and pulled muscles. We need more penetration and tempo so just drop sideways Barry for Gibson, put him with Barkley and watch us go.

But he can't play regularly if he's permanently knackered.

Utter, utter waste of wages.

He's been unavailable through injury for so long now that it has actually indirectly caused injuries to other players. According to transfermarkt, he's made 7 appearances this season, totalling 299 minutes. Last season he appeared twice, for a grand total of 96 minutes. The two seasons before that he made a combined total of 41 appearances for us.

That's fifty appearances in total over three seasons.... Replace with Delph, please.

Gibsons a better player than Delph though.

I'd imagine he'll get a few games over the xmas/fa cup 3/4/5 period and get himself back in contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.