Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
It's been looking for a while now that Darron Gibson will never see out a season without long term injuries. There is no question that Darron is a great asset to our team when fit but we would be better offloading him and to bring somebody else in his place who Roberto can use as we have a more demanding season lying ahead. We need as many fit bodies as possible

We will see. I'm looking forward to seeing him back in our side to be honest. Think he's probably the best passer at the club.

True Alan,but for 500K you can only say we've had our value for money!
It's cost a lot more than £500k to have him here in reality, he will be on a decent wage throughout his time here, for the majority he has been out injured.
Still I think he is a decent player who I hope has his best years ahead of him.

Keep him. Good player as long we have other equally good options he doesn't need to be fit for 40+ games a season.

Although would be good to be fit more often than not!

Honestly had forgotten all about him. He was ace last preseason, hopefully this extended rest will get him past his major injury concerns.

Judging from pictures he's posted on Twitter, he's got himself in great shape over this most recent period of recovery. Hopefully that pays off for him on the injury front because he really has been good for us.

Are his injuries a result of over playing or are they simply things that will spring up throughout his career? If it's the former, then that seems manageable, and getting 20-30 games a season out of him would be fine. If it's the latter...

Honestly had forgotten all about him. He was ace last preseason, hopefully this extended rest will get him past his major injury concerns.

To be honest I had too.

I hope we get a full season out of him back to his best- that midfield could be the thing that gets us to the next level.

Just as well Robin Van Persie never played for Everton . He would have been shipped out in no time given his injury record.

Some players get injured more than others, that is he reason for having a large squad. As far as I know Gibson never had a cruciate injury before so it can hardly be called recurring.
But,yes he is a player who will have to be minded carefully as he seems more susceptible to injuries than other players.I think this means that he shouldn't play a large number of games without a break , plays only when 100% ready and not rushed back as happened with a couple of players
last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.