Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, an injury after an 18 month run in the team and no-one would be arsed...not this though.

Then again we're English, our general apathy towards playing for your country only adds fuel to the fire here.

I wouldn't be as frustrated if we had cover, but Osman, ffs! If only Jelavic or Kone were half-decent we could at least go 4-4-2, but they are both ****e so we're forced to stick with 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 whatever. How about Deulofeu on the wing and Mirallas up front? Oh wait... Pienaar is crocked too, and we have no cover their either. lol Gutted.

I see Naismith and Osman starting again at the weekend, FML.

That's a bad blow for us and what Martinez wants to achieve in midfield. We need to get spending in January. We're a Barry/McCarthy injury away from running on fumes in that dm role.

1). Of course not, but he should be prioritising the club that pay his wages over the international team he hasn't been a part of for over a year. Especially considering he's not even fully fit for Everton, yet.

2). He's not a family member mate, he's a footballer. It's a results business and we need players fit to win us games, we don't have the resources to keep a squad chock full of players for rotation.

...excellent riposte.

We've got far worse problems than Naismith at the minute, he's doing fine.

He is doing alright like. But I think we'd be doing even better with a full strength team, i.e. Pienaar and Mirallas on the wings. As long as Naismith is pitching in with the odd goal and tracking back to help Coleman, it'll be ok.

Osman just needs to retire.

That's a bad blow for us and what Martinez wants to achieve in midfield. We need to get spending in January. We're a Barry/McCarthy injury away from running on fumes in that dm role.

Likely!

Kenwright_2311005c.jpg

That's the jarring thing; that he hasn't even been back with us yet he's playing back-to-back games for Ireland - a team he decided he wanted nothing to do with under the former manager - and lo and behold he picks up another serious injury five minutes later. Typical, and right in the position we have no cover for whatsoever.

FFS.

...and on this occasion butters, I am in full agreement with you. Gibson's contribution to EFC is WAY below what his wages predicate

John Stones anybody; if we have a mini crisis before the next window?

Why all the doom and gloom ? FFS we still have Johnny Heitinga play him in the Middle.and as Bill would say be like a new signing.

Last edited:

...and on this occasion butters, I am in full agreement with you. Gibson's contribution to EFC is WAY below what his wages predicate
Word.

Martinez was talking up the available cash. No doubt a few mowers will break down now and they'll need replacing instead.

I think Bob Martinez is shortly going to find out what being manager of Everton is all about. Going off the summer's transfers, and factoring in the Sky money factor, the absolute minimum we should have been SPENDING (forget having to sell players as that was made clear in his initial press conference when he joined us; we do not need to sell players to buy new ones) to IMPROVE the squad was, let's say, a moderate 20m.

Did we spend something like minus 10m? 5m Kone (and I bet it was more like 3), 13m McCarthy, 2m Robles and let's say a combined 5m on the loans of Lukaku and Barry. Total outlay = 25m.

Out - 6m Anichebe, 27m Fellaini. Total received = 33m.

Gosh, there ought to be a LOT of money to be spent in January...

What's the odds, 5m on a midfielder and we're done? lol Summer arrives, Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu disappear, as does the rest of the money! Barkley goes to generate some funds and we're back to square one. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.