Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not play cards against Osman, that's for sure. But, I certainly don't harbour enmity toward him. That players competing for his position are seemingly always injured is hardly his fault.
You're right mate it's obviously not his fault but f me - worst player week in week out yet something keeps happening to gift him 90 minutes every game. I wish we'd be able to field a full strength team one time as opposed to playing with a league one central midfielder.

Did he even have that surgery he was supposed to have over the summer?
Whatever that injury was last night- just write him off for the season. He's gone. Get him to surgery and give him fresh nuts and bolts to keep him together. Send him to Giggs' yoga instructor. Direct him to Robin van Persie's horse-placenta knee-injector Doctor. And then next season we can start afresh- because he is a very decent player when fit, and we do still have him on our books for a long time.
Shame he won't be able to pick up a Premier League winner's medal though...

Getting fed up of him now in all honesty, same with Rodwell. We're not a club that can afford to hang on to sick notes unfortunately.

He's been exiled out of international football for over a year but comes out gushing in the press about his excitement to play in some dead rubber game against f*cking Kazakhstan...

He's just come back from injury for his club ffs, he shouldn't have been bloody playing, Ireland aren't the ones paying his wages.

Let him go at the end of the season, he won't feature again this year and there's no point in ever pinning your hopes on someone who clearly isn't cut out to play football at the highest level every week.

Surely, as a Premier League professional football club, we'll have inserted some sort of clause into his 4.5 year contract, knowing that he has constantly been plagued with injuries over his career... right Bill?

_42342249_bill_kenwright203.jpg

I'm just so pissed off at that crab Osman being gifted a first XI spot every bleedin' week. He's probably now in the top 10 worst central midfielders in the league of those who regularly start for their clubs, and that's just not good enough for a team with european aspirations. Better off giving the spot to one of the younger lids whose legs at least work and can get him around the field.

Wow, the Gibson backlash is in full swing!

never thought I'd see this

It's just frustration mate, we all know he's a good player.

Ireland are a load of my arse though, so to see one of your better players get injured playing against Jarganistan when he's not even fully fit for his f*cking club is pretty annoying.

We don't have options in centre mid, Osman is already having a torrid time so the thought of him waltzing in to our first team for the remainder of the season doesn't exactly fill me (and plenty others) with joy...

Even if he were to miraculously bounce back from this injury we all know it'd be a matter of time before his groin went again, the lad can't be relied on.

Amazing, what's that I hear someone say?? Gibson should be fit and ready for every game just like Duncan Ferguson was for us.

Injuries happen, its a part of life. If a family member gets cancer do we get rid??

1). Of course not, but he should be prioritising the club that pay his wages over the international team he hasn't been a part of for over a year. Especially considering he's not even fully fit for Everton, yet.

2). He's not a family member mate, he's a footballer. It's a results business and we need players fit to win us games, we don't have the resources to keep a squad chock full of players for rotation.

1). Of course not, but he should be prioritising the club that pay his wages over the international team he hasn't been a part of for over a year. Especially considering he's not even fully fit for Everton, yet.

2). He's not a family member mate, he's a footballer. It's a results business and we need players fit to win us games, we don't have the resources to keep a squad chock full of players for rotation.

That's the jarring thing; that he hasn't even been back with us yet he's playing back-to-back games for Ireland - a team he decided he wanted nothing to do with under the former manager - and lo and behold he picks up another serious injury five minutes later. Typical, and right in the position we have no cover for whatsoever.

FFS.

That's the jarring thing; that he hasn't even been back with us yet he's playing back-to-back games for Ireland - a team he decided he wanted nothing to do with under the former manager - and lo and behold he picks up another serious injury five minutes later. Typical, and right in the position we have no cover for whatsoever.

FFS.

Exactly, an injury after an 18 month run in the team and no-one would be arsed...not this though.

Then again we're English, our general apathy towards playing for your country only adds fuel to the fire here.

Surely, as a Premier League professional football club, we'll have inserted some sort of clause into his 4.5 year contract, knowing that he has constantly been plagued with injuries over his career... right Bill?

_42342249_bill_kenwright203.jpg

I'm just so pissed off at that crab Osman being gifted a first XI spot every bleedin' week. He's probably now in the top 10 worst central midfielders in the league of those who regularly start for their clubs, and that's just not good enough for a team with european aspirations. Better off giving the spot to one of the younger lids whose legs at least work and can get him around the field.

Spot on Butters! Rather see Lundstram given a chance than have to endure watching Osman labouring round the pitch for 90 minutes (or even 45 minutes!). Hopefully Barry and McCarthy can stay fit and limit Osmans time on the pitch, he is without doubt the teams "weakest link" in every sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.