Cult Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Kevin Campbell - he would've saved the Titanic from going down.

Bily was one who I was desperately hoping would come right and funnily enough I think under the new regime he would.

Stephen Hughes when h came from Arsenal.....and before Archie Knox knocked the **** out of him.

Last edited:
Super Kevin Campbell - he would've saved the Titanic from going down.

Bily was one who I was desperately hoping would come right and funnily enough I think under the new regime he would.

Stephen Hughes when h came from Arsenal.....and before Archie Knox knocked the **** out of him.

You got there just before me kevin Campbell is an everton legend.

How about andy hinchcliffe as well, best left foot I've seen at Everton. And anders limpar was incredible, watching hinchcliffe hit the ball the length of the pitch to limpar with missile like precision for him to charge at defences was bliss.

Preki was one I wanted to be ace. Kinda like our own version of Hagi or something. Bit mental when you think we signed him from some American indoor league.

That guys like him and Warzycha were our glamorous foreigners back then did little to sell the league in a great light compared to the wonderful Serie A that was on Channel 4 at the time.

Terry Curran was superb when he was on loan. One game (may have been 5-0 v Notts County) he looked like George Best ffs. Signed him on a perm (no pun intended) and he never did it again.

When we signed Raymond Atteveld I instantly assumed Dutch winger therefor must play like johan Cruyff. Solid player still. Another I hoped would be a proper hero was Tony Cottee after that amazing debut.

Another big cult player was Amokachi. Thought he'd be blinding after the '94 World Cup, but apart from a few games he never really did it. What a game to do it in though. That he wasn't supposed to come on at all only added to his status.

This on toast.

I'd say Dunc was the stand out "cult" player of the past almost twenty years.

Big Bob back in the 70s.

The Golden Vision from the 60s still retains cult status at Goodison.

I'm trying to think of a real "cult" player of the 80s.

Andy Gray perhaps, but he wasn't around long enough.

Probably Psycho Pat.

In recent years Straq sticks out like a sore thumb- those tears at Fulham made me a soppy mess.
Currently though Hibbo to me is the definition cult player. Absolutely love him.
I like the Oviedo shouts also- everyone everyone everyone just loves him for no good reason. and that's great.
And I really feel that after the holocaust of a season Naismith endured last year that he could become one of the happy stories of 2013/2014 if he manages to up his performances to a basic competent level when he's needed to be drafted in (similar to how Hibbo got to his current state of love-in)

Status
Not open for further replies.