Cult Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyboy

Player Valuation: £35m
Watching videos of some of our goals over the past few years and there were a few goals by players no longer with us that stood out. McFadden against Charlton and Fernandes against Man U to name two. It got me thinking who has been our biggest cult player? Or has anyone had a serious desire bordering on obsession for somebody to come good? For me it was always Van Der Meyde, the cup game against Blackburn when we were battered (4-0 maybe?) he was absolutely quality, not to mention the cross against the RS.

Thoughts?

Bilyaletdinov and Stracqualursi for me.

The former because he could not adapt to this league for love nor money and yet came up with 4 or 5 truly unforgettable moments, the goal against Portsmouth being the best goal i've ever seen in the flesh.

Straq because he played like any Evertonian would if they were asked to get on the pitch and do a job, that performance against City was herculian to say the least.

I think Bryan Oviedo is becoming a bit of a cult player, the lad has only ever made 1 start and there were loads of shirts with his name on the back at the game yesterday.

I think Bryan Oviedo is becoming a bit of a cult player, the lad has only ever made 1 start and there were loads of shirts with his name on the back at the game yesterday.

Saw him against Norwich at home last season and he was our best player by a country mile.

As for cult players, my dad always used to say Duncan McKenzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.