Could losing 4 nil to Liverpool be the greatest thing that ever happened to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton lost 5 nil to Liverpool at Goodison Park in 1982. History has a tendency to repeat itself. Look how Everton got on in the 80s after that. Everton wanted vengeance then and by God we will want vengeance now.

True that. We were absolutely battered that day and, I think, lost 3-0 the next season at Anfield as well ? The season after that we were champions and had one of our best teams ever.

Last night still hurts big style though and it's a bit early for this at the moment.

You mention the Fulham game and the average performances since. Want to know the reason?. Del-boy's hamstring injury toward the end of that game. Without him, we lost all our thrust. Thank God he is back for the Spurs game (albeit not match fit...but who in our ravaged squad is?)

Can hardly type a response... still gutted....

We'll be grand! Man United lost 6-1 at home to Man City in 2011-12 and later came within seconds of winning the league. But by jaysis did they win it the following season! And remember what i said about us losing 5-0 at home the Liverpool in 1982. These sort of results are unfortunately what you need sometimes to get the best out of ya! I'm actually so confident this will spur us on it's kinda scary!

Seriously, chin up lads!

Cannot wait til Saturday! b)

List of greatest things to ever happen to everton.

1. Everton lose 4-0 at anfield.

2. Howard Kendall leaves second divison blackburn to take up the managerial job at sleeping giants everton, leading them to win 4 trophies in as many as years, our most sucessful ever period.

3. Thomas H. McIntosh spots a lad named William Dean playing for tranmere and brings him to Goodison where he becomes everton's greatest ever player.

4. George Mahon secures the lease of land where he'll build Goodison park, the first ever custom built football stadium, and the new home of everton.

Exactly!

Obviously there will be plenty on here after seeing us lose 4 nil to Liverpool who'll think i've potentially suffered a stroke (perhaps i have after yesterday!!) but i just feel really positive now. Martinez is a clever man, he WILL learn from this which only This is why i'm so positive we will be immense for the rest of the season. I can just feel it!

be a massive plus for the team! I am very confident after that defeat we will have a fantastic end to this campaign.

If we could get a match ready, uninjured XI out there, I might share your positivity. But we haven't got that. Suspect Benteke will have a field day on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.