Coldest ground in England

Status
Not open for further replies.
St James' is the coldest stadium I've been to. Went there for the Olympic football at the end of July, wearing tracky pants think that'd do, and it was still cold. In July ffs! It wasn't like it was raining either, it was sunny all day.

Bolton under Allardyce played some fine football.

That they did with some class, albeit aged, players. That inspired season Okocha had I was looking out for them most weeks.

IMO what Allardyce achieved in getting Bolton up, into Europe and winning??? a cup is the equal of every manager in the PL bar Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho.

They've been in the league for four years like, wouldn't call it an 'immediate change'. The point is that their priority shouldn't be staying in the league, if it is then that's ridiculous with the amount of money they've spent. Wigan concentrate on staying in the league and spend practically nothing, Stoke should be aiming for 10th or even higher, not 14th.

How long are they going to make staying in the league their priority ? 10 years ?

I wouldn't say it's mega money to completely change the balance of a squad that played industrial football. £10m get's you a good ball playing footballer unless your managers canny in the transfer market, which thiers isn't, which would mean they should have 6-7 decent footballers. But then you have to take into account losing a few too.

I'd say Shotton, Etherington, Crouch, Shawcross and Kenwyne jones fall into that category.

I wouldn't say it's mega money to completely change the balance of a squad that played industrial football. £10m get's you a good ball playing footballer unless your managers canny in the transfer market, which thiers isn't, which would mean they should have 6-7 decent footballers. But then you have to take into account losing a few too.

I'd say Shotton, Etherington, Crouch, Shawcross and Kenwyne jones fall into that category.

Come on, 75 million net over the last five years is a huge amount of money. More than even Man U or Liverpool or Spurs have spent.

Can you imagine what Moyes would do with that money?

Come on, 75 million net over the last five years is a huge amount of money. More than even Man U or Liverpool or Spurs have spent.

Can you imagine what Moyes would do with that money?

When they came up they had quite an old squad full of cloggers. A fella like Moyes would have made them a good football team out of that. But I don't reckon there's many managers knocking about that could have TBH.

I'm not saying it's not big money just that an average manager(which Pulis is) wouldn't be able to build a side capable of the type of football we see most weeks with that amount.

Thing is though, they haven't sold any of the players they spent decent money on with the exception of Olofinjana, who they spent £3m on and got £3m for after he didn't make much of an impact.

It's not like other clubs where they spend money and then their best players get flogged, they've literally sunk £75m over the course of four and a half seasons. In the same period Wigan's net spend is -£12m, the difference between them in the table last season ? 2 points.

FFS it's worse the more i look into it. With the amount they're spending and the time they've spent in the top flight they have no excuse to be finishing 14th. They've yet to finish higher than 11th, in fact they've finished lower down the league three seasons in a row, they're getting worse !

That they did with some class, albeit aged, players. That inspired season Okocha had I was looking out for them most weeks.

IMO what Allardyce achieved in getting Bolton up, into Europe and winning??? a cup is the equal of every manager in the PL bar Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho.

Pissed me off when the media kept bigginf up Coyle and going on about how he had bolton playing football. His teams hoofed it way more than allardyce's did. They just won less too.

Thing is though, they haven't sold any of the players they spent decent money on with the exception of Olofinjana, who they spent £3m on and got £3m for after he didn't make much of an impact.

It's not like other clubs where they spend money and then their best players get flogged, they've literally sunk £75m over the course of four and a half seasons. In the same period Wigan's net spend is -£12m, the difference between them in the table last season ? 2 points.

FFS it's worse the more i look into it.

I don't think they had any value in the squad to begin with TBH which is why I don't think it's as big a deal as say Swansea spending it, as they had 4-5 players of value to begin with and add to.

I'd expect more than what they see now like.

Pissed me off when the media kept bigginf up Coyle and going on about how he had bolton playing football. His teams hoofed it way more than allardyce's did. They just won less too.

They knocked it about the middle for a little bit before the big punt, that's all.

The allardyce Bolton that were his best side were similar to our style now if were honest. We've got better individuals but they had four or five different ways to get at you as we do.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of temperatures (without wind) are we talking about here?

Where I'm from (Northern Minnesota), actual temperatures get to be about -40 F , plus the wind off Lake Michigan.

Granted no footy stadium, but the walk to the hockey rink is always frigid.

We (the English) are notoriously incessant moaners when it comes to the weather. As I consistently remind people, they should try Scandanavia, US Midwest, Canada e.t.c if they really want to experience harsh winters.

We grind to a standstill with an inch of snow. It's poor stuff really.

The allardyce Bolton that were his best side were similar to our style now if were honest. We've got better individuals but they had four or five different ways to get at you as we do.

Yep. Mind some of Allardyce's other sides have been honestly terrible but then some of Moyes' have been too.

Still take the pair of them over Pulis every day of the week.

Yep. Mind some of Allardyce's other sides have been honestly terrible but then some of Moyes' have been too.

Still take the pair of them over Pulis every day of the week.

I'd take Moyes over both all day. Pulis won't know how to change it, which is why he hasn't, IMO.

We (the English) are notoriously incessant moaners when it comes to the weather. As I consistently remind people, they should try Scandanavia, US Midwest, Canada e.t.c if they really want to experience harsh winters.

It's annoying. People all over my Facebook acting like it's the big freeze, it's only about -2C at worst. Heaven forbid if it hits -10C or worse like it did a couple of years ago.

Cheers, was just curious what sort of cold we were talking bout.

Since moving east, its quite comical to see the roads anytime there is snow, everything is a complete mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.