Coldest ground in England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello chaps,

Five years since I first posted on here and we've really managed to get up peoples noses and consolidate our place within the Premier League.

I'm looking forward to the weekend as I always look forward to the game versus Everton.

Tip for the weekend - put three layers of everything on and you'll still be cold. The Brit is without a doubt the coldest ground in England and it's looking pretty nippy this Saturday.

Which camp are you guys in? The one that says Stoke are an embarassment to football and the sooner we're relegated the better or the one that actually admires the team for their hard work and organisation?

We've certainly devided opinion and seem to be a regular target for likes of Talksport but I honestly am very proud of our achievements and couldn't give a toss if we're deem to play the 'wrong' way.

Safe journey to all those travelling at the weekend and let's hope for goals as I can see this being very tight 0-0 1-0 or 0-1

Up the potters!

My dad always said in his day Stoke used to be one of his 'second teams' cos you always played great football. I imagine this was in the 1970s. I was taken aback by the statement, I am sure you can elighten me as to whether his memory is failing or not!

And yeah, Stoke are a proper football club. We haven't given a good account of ourselves at the Britannia since the first year you came up and we beat you 2-3. Safe to say the old cliche is spot on - it is not a ground we enjoy visiting.

6839744110_c445e5d3de.jpg

While nobody is claiming Stoke as a second team, writing them off as a joke is a bit strong. When ive watched they have begun to modify their style. ( a style which has cemented their prem status). 75 million is a lot, but if it keeps you from falling down, its well spent to them. I didnt realise we were all football purists.

While nobody is claiming Stoke as a second team, writing them off as a joke is a bit strong. When ive watched they have begun to modify their style. ( a style which has cemented their prem status). 75 million is a lot, but if it keeps you from falling down, its well spent to them. I didnt realise we were all football purists.

I am and unapologetic about it.

I want to watch two teams playing football not two teams standing on the pitch watching a ball get rubbed with a towel. If you stopped the clock every time the ball wasn't in play, a stoke game would last approximately eight years.

I'm never a 'football purist', i simply think it's mad that a team who've spent about £13m a season on players since being promoted can't play a better brand of football. If i was a football purist i wouldn't go and watch Everton every week !

Imagine how much better Wigan would be with £13m a year to spend (and no big players sold either).

Maybe Jock could help me here, but a good mate of mine said that Inverness Caledonian Thistles Ground is off the scale cold and on a cliff edge or something ?

Coldest I have been was Pompey away a few years ago ( Rooney scored if I remember correctly ).. No roof on the stand, it was a freezing December day, and it pis*ed down all day.. Soaked and frozen.

If Stoke were relegated and never seen in the top flight again, I would shed not a single tear.

The very antithesis of anti football.

Grocks.

Maybe Jock could help me here, but a good mate of mine said that Inverness Caledonian Thistles Ground is off the scale cold and on a cliff edge or something ?

Coldest I have been was Pompey away a few years ago ( Rooney scored if I remember correctly ).. No roof on the stand, it was a freezing December day, and it pis*ed down all day.. Soaked and frozen.

Inverness_Caledonian.jpg

Behind that stand is the Moray Firth.

If you've ever been to a game there in January of February, there's a fair chance that you're now missing some toes to frostbite.

I am and unapologetic about it.

I want to watch two teams playing football not two teams standing on the pitch watching a ball get rubbed with a towel. If you stopped the clock every time the ball wasn't in play, a stoke game would last approximately eight years.
As i said, i see signs of improvement from them. They have only be doing what got them here in the first place. Its a little safe admittedly, but Everton arent reknowned for scintilating football first half of the season.

Inverness_Caledonian.jpg

Behind that stand is the Moray Firth.

If you've ever been to a game there in January of February, there's a fair chance that you're now missing some toes to frostbite.

I can feel the wind just looking at that... They must lose a few footys like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.