Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to danish tv3+ Everton were watching Bryan Oviedo again last night against Lille , and are expected to make a £2 mill offer for him today .

good ol' phil suggesting we're definitely in for him, he is usually reliable

Phil McNulty â€￾@philmcnulty
If West Brom want FC Copenhagen's Bryan Oviedo they had better make it snappy - Everton still right in the mix with that one. #bbcfootball

The times also said we're in for him and are expected make a bid asap

he is young, promising and gives cover on the left that is sensible as Garbutt still needs a year on loan at Championship level. It is all about depth for us now as we will struggle to add a starter with the limited funds we have...unless Moyes can pull off an exciting late loan.

WE NEED A RB FFS

We have Baines who rarely gets injured and if it does happen Distin/Garbutt can fill in

WE NEED A RB FFS

We have Baines who rarely gets injured and if it does happen Distin/Garbutt can fill in

To be honest i don't think we're desperate in any position. Any signing now would be a bonus, but it would be great to have another exciting one!

To be honest i don't think we're desperate in any position. Any signing now would be a bonus, but it would be great to have another exciting one!

Neville and Hibbo at RB are our weakest link imo, I would love us to get a decent RB and see no point in spending what little money we have on a player who will hardly play unless Moyes thinks Baines will leave next summer

Oviedo can play in MF as well. Moyes likes versatility. Coleman has looked good so far and got time at RB yesterday. Hibbo is better than we think he is (he CAN and does cross a good ball) and Neville, whilst limited, is rarely actively bad at RB. It could be improved perhaps but depth is far better at RB than at LB even though the starter is obviously far weaker.

Oviedo is a good talent and more or less a "light version" of Baines...

Good going forward but he will have problems defending against top opposition...something Baines has learned.

He has been at FC Copenhagen for some years... found it hard to get games as he to begin with was very challenged regarding positioning and defending... had a loan spell at another club and matured as a player....still has a lot to learn..

Think he will need games to progress....if he does not play his talent will just fade and he will be money down the drain... would love to have him here and then loan him out for half a season so he could learn the english game.... 2m is a steal compared to prices of english players...

Bolanos though is nowhere good enough to play for us or any other premiership club... might do well in the championship though...

FC Copenhagen did not make champions league and have a sweedish international as cover at left back and Oviedo has one year left on contract so I would not be surprised if they are willing to sell for 2m.

Good going forward but suspect at defending? Sounds exactly like the description of Leighton Baines when he signed from Wigan.

This lad is 22 and won't be the finished article, but sounds a sound investment for 2 million quid.

What does 2 million get you these days? A quarter of a championship striker it seems!

BBC sport (on twitter i know!) reporting we are hopeful of getting a deal for him for 5m... the beeb dont usually report this kind of stuff without proper knowledge..

Everton in pole position for Copenhagen's Bryan Oviedo. WBA not in the picture and a deal worth around £5m looks likely before tomorrow. @philmcnulty

Status
Not open for further replies.