Bristol Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be in front of the telly mate. I am about 8 miles out of town, Portishead way, but 2 miles from the nearest pub with tv ffs!

What bought you to Bristol?

Ah, fair enough!

Partner got a job this way and I haven't settled in a career like job so was more than happy to move.

Yeah, it's been alright so far, although my letting management company are about as useful as a RAWK poster not trying to give a knee jerk reaction, which is why a month after moving in, I'm still no closer to having an internet connection.

But I like the fact it's got a town vibe but with all the benefits of a city. How long have you been in Bristol for?

Too long! Moved down in about 1974 ish. Well me parents did. Seemed a good idea to follow them!

Hey guys

I've just moved to Bristol a month ago and currently have sweet FA in terms of a TV aerial and internet connection (3G service has just about kept me going).

Are there any bristol Evertonians interested in going to the pub for the games that are on? Or does anyone know some Everton friendly pubs in the south west of England

You may know, or might be interested to learn that there is an active supporters club in the West Country which runs a coach to most home league games. I think they have two Bristol pick up points - I know that is not what you asked but thought i'd say anyway.

They have a website: http://www.westcountryblues.org.uk

Cheers,

Pretty sure they pick up at the motorway services at J19 on the M5. Or at least they used to.

They do, went up with them for the Utd. game last season, great bunch.*

*(West Country blues that is, not the Mancs who were blerts mostly).

I'll have to give it a whirl at one point, I usually travel up home the night before and me and my old man travel up to Goodison together on match day

I'll have to give it a whirl at one point, I usually travel up home the night before and me and my old man travel up to Goodison together on match day
It's a good laugh mate, early start for a 3 o'clock on a Saturday, I think they pick up about 8, but the Sunday at 4 was alright. We got there with a couple of hours to spare. Would do another game with them. They had Sky with them that day, who asked if anyone wanted to travel in their coach instead and do some interviews. This was the coach Sky sent:

IMAG0027_1.jpg

'kin eejits...

It's a good laugh mate, early start for a 3 o'clock on a Saturday, I think they pick up about 8, but the Sunday at 4 was alright. We got there with a couple of hours to spare. Would do another game with them. They had Sky with them that day, who asked if anyone wanted to travel in their coach instead and do some interviews. This was the coach Sky sent:

View attachment 3869

'kin eejits...

FFS sky, first you ruin football with the Monday night nonsense, then you send a red bus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.