Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say?

BTW.....it is a two way street.

More listless performances will lead to more negative vibes from the terraces.

And as you know yourself, the listless performances started before the ennui among the fans.

The Old Lady was rocking for Arsenal and for Chelsea, despite us being two down inside five minutes

Desisting from booing is one thing.....but expecting people to get all happy clappy when the play on the pitch is slow and predictable is quite another.
“The crowd were so edgy and we should have taken greater advantage.”
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/h...oodison-park-2146445.aspx#IUBoYX17g2rwmO70.99

I am not in favour of booing and never have been. However I can see why people are frustrated by our unwillingness to utilise free kicks. We have Baines, Barkley and Mirallas who have as good a delivery as anyone. While Lukaku, Distin and Naismith are all a threat aerially

The quick free kick has it's place too. But too often we are just taking quick free kicks without thinking it through. We take them too soon. You can still take free kicks short, but at times we are just putting ourselves into trouble by doing it too quickly and to me that is ridiculous.

The boo erm..booers, your argument is the bad atmosphere is working against the players, i'd argue you sitting there in silence is also not helping..

So tell me, since theres so many of you, why weren't you singing and making it an atmosphere for the players?

Hmm?

Hmm??

HMM??

To me it's the corners we seem to be pathetic in this area. I must say Garbutt looked good taking them the other night. I don't boo but I let out a big groan when they are half heartedly taken.

this new set of everton fans annoy me 2 minutes left keeping hold of the ball booing

get a grip or go across the park

To be fair, if that was one of just a few occasions during the match the ball went back to Howard there probably wouldn't have been any booing.

Its when it follows passing back to the keeper from promising attacking positions during the match people might boo.

Having been in the family enclosure with my son for a good while I now have an S/T in the Upper Bullens, where I sat from '81 to mid 90's. Never renowned for noise then in comparison to other places, but its like a morgue now - no one encourages the team, everyone cheers when we score and then relative silence until the next incident...I'm an auld arse but I don't boo any player...there is one fan by me who hates Lukaku and it just does my head in - every time he gets stick regardless of whether he does something good or bad. Just a bit of shouting to encourage the side would be nice - yes we all felt frustrated with sideways passing especially during the first 20 mins of the QPR game but that surely should encourage fans to be a bit more vocal in their support instead of nodding off or getting on player's backs....seriously thinking of a Street end S/t next season

Stop blaming the fans. Honestly.

It was a night game, people were up for it going into the ground, and they expected the team to scrap early on after a poor run of results.

Yet the opening to the game was a series of five yard passes along the back line, short passes back from free kicks, short corners and no overlapping runs etc.

They weren't booing the players; they were booing the approach and mindset of the manager. Yes, we won, but we never got going except for a flurry after the first goal, and a better side would have beaten us tonight.

Everton fans are generally knowledgeable about the game itself and can look long term, and have longer memories too. There's a section of that support who saw the spineless effort against Man City when they were there for the taking and remembered it clearly. This was the same performance but, thankfully, it was QPR in front of us.

If they clapped the same performance just because we are winning one game, they'd be hypocrites. So whilst I didn't boo myself, I can certainly understand it. It's an attempt to get the manager and team to wake up and realise there's more to football than tiki taka nonsense. They may be right or wrong but it's what they believe, so be it.

Yep, the above remains the reason why...

Status
Not open for further replies.