Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Say NO to Ginger Managers
Look. It hasn't been easy. We haven't been a great side of late. So I can understand some frustrations in the support. I can understand frustrations vs. Hull, where the draw we got certainly wasn't what we should have been expecting. But we were 3-1 up, a few minutes to go and so we were retaining possession, to kill the game off. And the team was booed, by portions of the support. I don't get it. Is it acceptable to boo because we were only winning by two? Or because the style of play is a slower build up than the long ball?
Do people not want to see the School of Science, passing football back at Goodison, or are we just happy to go back to long ball, because it gets the ball forward quicker. Doesn't mean its more successful like, but the ball is in the right half of the pitch and more things will happen. Play in the same style as the teams at the bottom, and we'll do better than them?
There was more booing than support of the team today for mine, and for me, that isn't Everton.

not booing the player per se. booing the tactic of playing the ball backwards at freekicks in the opponents half.

I dont like it but I dont think it is at the players, it is at RM's tactics / style of play at particular points
It's the players on the field playing the football though. Whether it's them or the tactics that are getting booed, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. The players hear the boos and in all likelihood think it's about them, which is hardly going to improve their performances.

It's the players on the field playing the football though. Whether it's them or the tactics that are getting booed, it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. The players hear the boos and in all likelihood think it's about them, which is hardly going to improve their performances.
As I said Kiwi I dont like it at all. I have been through too many really bad Everton sides to think this one is a bad one. However, I understand the frustration of the crowd.

Everton aren't we.

Just said this in another thread:

I had 4 mates text me last night telling me it was the quietest game of football they've ever watched on tele, apart from the boos.

Even when the goals went in everyone cheered, then sat down. Incredibly weird atmosphere last night.

My view on it, we've been treated to poor poor displays this season and yesterday people had had enough, even when we were 3 - 0 up, we were negative...we had a free kick, loaded the box and had only distin back...we passed BACKWARDS to Distin then BACKWARDS to Howard...when their box was full of our players!?!?!

That's just insane! Also over the past month i've seen Distin/Jags messing about and cocking it up to gift the opposition a goal, fans are sick to death of seeing it.

Howard totally lost it when the final boos came too, he started waving his hands as in "what do you want"

I'm really starting to believe now they're superstitious and every attack HAS to start with Distin.

Question for the boo haters...the people who weren't happy made their voices heard, if you were so happy with 3 0, why didn't you make your voice heard?

Coming from a fellow NZer, you're gonna cop a fair bit of crap for starting this thread from the other side of the world I reckon kiwi :p

I got some of it early on before Ross took it by the scruff of the neck and it looked like we weren't up to much.

Near the end though, that was strange and disappointing.

Passing for the sake of passing and constantly losing the ball in dangerous areas is not "school of science" football ffs
But was what we saw last year in glimpses that football?
Same side, same manager. Low on confidence and struggling to put out a consistent side with key players coming in and out. Makes it hard for a team and for individuals to find form. This year in isolation makes it hard to have faith in the team. What we saw last year makes it worth persisting. Its also worth bearing in mind we aren't too far off the top four. String a run of results together and we'll be looking much better in the league. Scrappy or not, the squad just needs to find confidence and its feet again. Booing the team certainly won't help that.

Look. It hasn't been easy. We haven't been a great side of late. So I can understand some frustrations in the support. I can understand frustrations vs. Hull, where the draw we got certainly wasn't what we should have been expecting. But we were 3-1 up, a few minutes to go and so we were retaining possession, to kill the game off. And the team was booed, by portions of the support. I don't get it. Is it acceptable to boo because we were only winning by two? Or because the style of play is a slower build up than the long ball?
Do people not want to see the School of Science, passing football back at Goodison, or are we just happy to go back to long ball, because it gets the ball forward quicker. Doesn't mean its more successful like, but the ball is in the right half of the pitch and more things will happen. Play in the same style as the teams at the bottom, and we'll do better than them?
There was more booing than support of the team today for mine, and for me, that isn't Everton.
Great shout Kiwi but dont except too much support on here. I raised a similar point couple of weeks back and didnt go down to well. Wont be changing anytime soon Im afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.