Be honest we have a great squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he wont sack him.

Promised him a few quid for Champions League, gave him a net spend of minus 20m.

He has the same problems Moyes had, an utter bellend milking the profits for his blackjack tables.

In respect of the squad, it certainly looks beefy, we defo improved our striker, with Felli gone McCarthy is an upgrade on Osman, but my cat playing the false number 4 would be a better option than Osman, Barry and Gibson, not much difference there, both excellent players on the ball, but only 1 has a questionable injury record.

Its not likely we will see Hibbo at CB again, cos CB has many quality options, we have 2 of the best fullbacks in the world and 2 fairly able backups, GK isnt great, but Howard is decent and Robles is unkown, but the signs are positive.

Few question marks with regards wingers, Mirallas hasnt started great so far, early days yet tho, we all know what he can do and the Barca kid looks a real player, then theres Pienaar, not sure whats happening there, he has flashes but overall hes been pretty poor, lets hope he picks up form at some point, as for the rest of the squad, theres the likes of Naismith, Gueye, lets hope we never need them.

Fairly happy with the business Martinez has done, think he dropped a massive clanger with Kone, but the loans and think McCarthy will be a cracking player for us.

I guess we wait, if we play like we have been, having added some real quality up top and the middle of the park, things are looking on the up.

The squad is very good, but the forward options are worrying.

Take Lukaku out the mix and we are very light.

Totally agree, with Anichebe going we are still low in numbers despite the loan signing of Lukaku.
I believe we need another top notch striker (plenty around in Europe that are affordable) and should also be looking for when Lukaku goes back to Chelsea - which he probably will.
In conclusion - 2 top notch strikers for next summer is the minimal required.

To be honest I think we will do well the finish in the top eight this season. The overall squad may have improved but so have a lot of others. I will take that this season but we are going to have to invest the money left from this window very wisely for next season,

Honestly, we've got a great squad, as good as anything Moyes had, but it's going to take a while to adapt to Martinez as we're moving away from a style of play we were doing pretty well with in Moyes (who IMO overachieved with the players he had). Expecting a battle for 7th, obviously hoping for more. Think we could do well in a Cup though.

Last edited:

Nevermind all this...L-train is going to smash them all. Dub fade will be chipping rain drops over the back line for him to smash one-time and the wingbacks of fury will rain hellfire upon his dreads as he rips Enrique's spine from out of his rusty wagon wheel before burying a bullet header in to the top corner.

100 - 0 to the boys in Blue

1=20

/rawr

No excuses this year for the eventual injuries and fatiuqe. In terms of overall quality we are better, Lukaku is a great addition.

Really tops of some great work overall the squad.

Imagine signing two strikers in the same window - above us only sky!

There is too much focus on age , a player at 32 is in his prime and should have another three or four years at the top.
Mourinho commented that he had no problem signing players in their thirties.
We also appear to have some talented youngsters who will be pushing their way up into the first team squad in a couple of years.

This season the biggest challenge will be getting players comfortable with the new style of play.Until players are completely comfortable the style of play may look a little slow and laboured,but long term I think it will bring great dividends to the club.

Nevermind all this...L-train is going to smash them all. Dub fade will be chipping rain drops over the back line for him to smash one-time and the wingbacks of fury will rain hellfire upon his dreads as he rips Enrique's spine from out of his rusty wagon wheel before burying a bullet header in to the top corner.

100 - 0 to the boys in Blue

1=20

/rawr

More of this please gents.

There is too much focus on age , a player at 32 is in his prime and should have another three or four years at the top.
Mourinho commented that he had no problem signing players in their thirties.
We also appear to have some talented youngsters who will be pushing their way up into the first team squad in a couple of years.

This season the biggest challenge will be getting players comfortable with the new style of play.Until players are completely comfortable the style of play may look a little slow and laboured,but long term I think it will bring great dividends to the club.

Not true.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the longest march begins with a first step ...and, by crikey, EFC under RM is striding out purposefully. We ARE on the cusp of something...FABULOUS!

No excuses this year for the eventual injuries and fatiuqe. In terms of overall quality we are better, Lukaku is a great addition.

Really tops of some great work overall the squad.

Imagine signing two strikers in the same window - above us only sky!

Nice one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.