Be honest we have a great squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was going to get another chance under Martinez after watching him in pre-season. He played well enough, and is probably the best centre back at the club in terms of distribution.

If he's going to see out the remaining year of his contract then it makes sense to use him. I'd still pick him ahead of Alcaraz.

His distribution isn't actually all that. Chico will mock me again I'm sure, but statistically Jag's long balls are the best (which seems crazy but our eyes can tell lies!)

However in terms of ability on the ball, he's head and shoulders above Jags and Distin so yeah you would think in a possession team he'd fit quite nicely. But then Martinez would have been crazy to drop either Jags or Distin, which puts Heitinga on the bench/in midfield and that's why he has attitude problems -- not playing in his preferred position.

Whilst I don't know too much about Alcaraz it seems he's a ball playing CB like Heitinga, and slow as [Poor language removed], like Heitinga, and he's pretty highly rated by those who do know him. So if it was a choice between the two I'd pick Alcaraz as he'd be eager to impress.

Despite one stellar season he's going to go down as one of our most appalling pieces of business, considering his wage.

Hahaha, here's something for you, McCarthy has one of the highest long range pass completion percentages in the league.

Along with Jagielka its important to have players who look to use our boss full backs by playing cross field balls quickly looking to start attacks. Whereas it was often to Fellaini last year, back to front.

The [Poor language removed] do I think I am chatting these bubbles anyway?

His distribution isn't actually all that. Chico will mock me again I'm sure, but statistically Jag's long balls are the best (which seems crazy but our eyes can tell lies!)

However in terms of ability on the ball, he's head and shoulders above Jags and Distin so yeah you would think in a possession team he'd fit quite nicely. But then Martinez would have been crazy to drop either Jags or Distin, which puts Heitinga on the bench/in midfield and that's why he has attitude problems -- not playing in his preferred position.

Whilst I don't know too much about Alcaraz it seems he's a ball playing CB like Heitinga, and slow as [Poor language removed], like Heitinga, and he's pretty highly rated by those who do know him. So if it was a choice between the two I'd pick Alcaraz as he'd be eager to impress.

Despite one stellar season he's going to go down as one of our most appalling pieces of business, considering his wage.

Heitinga's diagonal passes are nothing special, I agree, but I feel as though he's less likely to just pass the ball directly to an opposition player than Jagielka or Distin.

I reckon he's been a bit unlucky at times. Whenever he got into decent form at centre back he'd always find himself suddenly needed in midfield as soon as one of the other two became available again, which was really just Moyes' way of dropping him. He's made a rod for his own back with those 'challenges' that led to goals though.

I always thought Heitinga and Distin were the better partnership, but that Jagielka was the best individual defender. Looking back, Moyes probably never should have bought Heitinga as he must have known he'd want Jagielka back in the team once he got over that knee injury.

Aye, you sense goals will be key. Suarez is a proven scorer for the RS. Arsenal don't really have anyone of that level, so you sense much will depend on how good Ozil and Cazala gel together. Spurs have lost their main threat, so we'll see how they invested that windfall.

We've obviously looked a little toothless thus far against three teams that have parked the bus. That's kinda been a problem for us over the past few years. Hopefully Lukaka will give us something different to break down such obdurate sides.

Goals all over the park has been our problem really, I think Gervinho will score a fair few for Arsenal this season. Spurs will struggle to score early on in the season but have the potential to score frequently if they get flowing.

We'll struggle to make Top 4, but another Top 6 finish isn't totally out of the question, it all depends on whether Martinez can give the passing style he adopts more incisiveness than we've seen thus far this season.

Goals all over the park has been our problem really, I think Gervinho will score a fair few for Arsenal this season. Spurs will struggle to score early on in the season but have the potential to score frequently if they get flowing.

We'll struggle to make Top 4, but another Top 6 finish isn't totally out of the question, it all depends on whether Martinez can give the passing style he adopts more incisiveness than we've seen thus far this season.

Gervinho was sold to Roma mate.

Hahaha, here's something for you, McCarthy has one of the highest long range pass completion percentages in the league.
/QUOTE]

Thats right...from what I saw of him on TV throgh the season, he plays a lot of long raking passes virtually one wing to the other, and usually finds his man. Kone, I think, will benefit greatly by having McCarthy in the team. What Martinez has done with his signings is multiply our options considerably.We almost have two complete teams with experience and some ability. Our bench looks like it will usually be strong, which makes a change.

What would these players be worth in the open market?

Robles 2
Alcaraz 2
Stones 3
Barry 3
McCarthy 13
Barkley 20
Deulofeu 12
Kone 5
Lukaku 25

Give or take, that's £85m worth of talent that's been added.

LOL

Which club would give us 5m for Kone?

Hes not even a footballer.

WAIT, why did you add Barkley and Stones???????

Robles 2
Alcaraz 20p
Barry 3
McCarthy 13
Deulofeu Not our player
Kone 50p and a curly wurly
Lukaku Not our player

18.00001 and a Curly wurly.

LOL

Which club would give us 5m for Kone?

Hes not even a footballer.

WAIT, why did you add Barkley and Stones???????

Robles 2
Alcaraz 20p
Barry 3
McCarthy 13
Deulofeu Not our player
Kone 50p and a curly wurly
Lukaku Not our player

18.00001 and a Curly wurly.

What are blabbing on about?

The players listed are in our the first team squad this year as opposed to last?

Okay Goat, so you're not one for the Martinez love in. Fair doos, I'm on the fence myself atm. But Greek Fisherman was giving his personal valuation of the new faces, and probably included Barkley because he's probably going to be a first team regular this season as opposed to last season and the season before.

Okay Goat, so you're not one for the Martinez love in. Fair doos, I'm on the fence myself atm. But Greek Fisherman was giving his personal valuation of the new faces, and probably included Barkley because he's probably going to be a first team regular this season as opposed to last season and the season before.

Hes not a new player tho is he, its not like we picked him up this Summer.

Why didnt he include Mirallas? or Coleman, plus he put in John Stones, who I doubt will play much unless we have major injury issues.

Nobody can say for sure how often Barkley would have played this Season under Moyes, he showed signs at the end of last Season of using him a bit more, sure everybody can guess and we can assume he wouldnt have played every game, but thats all we can do, assume.

Anyway, carry on.

sell our best player every year to service unending debt

This statement at the end of that red s***e post is the only thing with a semblance of truth about, this debt of ours just seems never ending

Status
Not open for further replies.