Atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was terrible today, embarrassing.
Can anyone come up with an explanation, because I hope it just isn't the trend that we'll just get worse year on year. I remember one point we had the ball in the box and the crowd barely made a sound, none of the usual anticipatrion. And worse yet, at the final whistle no-one bothered to clap the players! The Gwladys street was 70% full, only a few had left by that point, but they just couldn't be arsed.

It affected us today. We have to take the blame, our lethargy transferred to the pitch and made them feel like it was a nothing game - that's what anyone would guess watching on TV, that it meant nothing. We - players & fans - needed reminding the FA Cup quarter final was on offer, that's a big big game. We almost threw it away today

Nearly 31,500 Blues went to the match today, which, when you look at other Premiership teams cup attendances, shows how desperate we are for success. It was very nervy today. I'd say it was quiet due to nerves rather than lethargy.

It was much better before they put the disabled section in the corner
Correct. Remember the stick an opposing corner taker used to get from that section? The loss of seating in this area also stops the spread of chanting/singing from Gwladys St to Goodison Rd.

It will never be brought back, all these little pressure groups are kidding themselves. Crushes don't just happen on the terraces, they happen outside the ground and on the concourses where they sell refreshments etc.

These rail seats allow 1.8 people per seat. Well, imagine adding an extra 80% to the crowds outside Anfield this season, or on the concourse at Wigan the other year. They would have been 80% worse, which is a seriously scary thought.

It isn't going to happen, which is a good thing, imo. Not just from a safety perspective, but it would give a massive advantage to the likes of the RS, as they're attendances would inflate considerably and they would no longer be disadvantaged by Anfield's limited capacity.

Don't understand the last point. Surely if the extra capacity is a factor of 1.8 then all grounds could fit 80% more supporters in them (that ratio looks far too high anyway).

As for the point on crowd control, the Anfield fiasco was all to do with poor organisation and management than numbers. In years gone by there were few such problems or queues at grounds with sufficient numbers of turnstiles even though most were paying cash at the turnstiles. In fact if you want to reduce late arrivals at grounds then ironically the return of terracing is a solution since in the old days you had to get in early to get a decent spec!

It was awful today, I think we need to put 20-30 fans together in a part of the Gwladys street who are 'hardcore' blues and love to sing and chant and they could start the chants. I reckon it would honestly only take 20-30 blues to get them started.

It was awful today, I think we need to put 20-30 fans together in a part of the Gwladys street who are 'hardcore' blues and love to sing and chant and they could start the chants. I reckon it would honestly only take 20-30 blues to get them started.
WHOA THERE !!!!

A singing area ??

FFS.

Easily done. You go to loads of games so take it upon yourself to organise it. There've been loads of threads about this but it seems most people are happy to say "someone should so something" rather than doing it themselves.

All you have to do is look back through the old threads, message the people who've said the same sort of thing and ask them to arrange to sit near each other in the Lower Gwladys. Not everyone will change their seats but, given a push, enough will.

In life, it's dead easy to criticise, but much harder to do something about it. No offence lad, but stop moaning and pull your finger out ;)

Easily done. You go to loads of games so take it upon yourself to organise it. There've been loads of threads about this but it seems most people are happy to say "someone should so something" rather than doing it themselves.

All you have to do is look back through the old threads, message the people who've said the same sort of thing and ask them to arrange to sit near each other in the Lower Gwladys. Not everyone will change their seats but, given a push, enough will.

In life, it's dead easy to criticise, but much harder to do something about it. No offence lad, but stop moaning and pull your finger out ;)

You've really inspired me there mate, honestly. IT'S MY TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.