Atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't do all that singing and flag waving bollocks, leave that to The [Poor language removed].

Unless it's a big game we find it hard to motivate ourselves, it's the price of being a big, successful club. Most of our fans have seen it all.

...bring back the boys pen. In all seriousness, standing wouldn't make the difference. Fans are not quite as positive as in recent weeks and that is transferring itself. Just need to win and move on.

Language similar to this will not be tolerated.
We don't do all that singing and flag waving bollocks, leave that to The [Poor language removed].

Unless it's a big game we find it hard to motivate ourselves, it's the price of being a big, successful club. Most of our fans have seen it all.

ya. we used do that in the 70's 80's and 90's too. my fuk we did. if you were behind the goal on the terrace u got nutted for not signing. boys in there these are f&kin useless. 'oh that's koppite behaviour' fuk me its a joke sometimes. u support ur team every match not when it suits you. I'm 50. do u want me to go in there and fukin sort ye. pussys

Standing will be brought back in enough time anyway so might as well get used to it

It will never be brought back, all these little pressure groups are kidding themselves. Crushes don't just happen on the terraces, they happen outside the ground and on the concourses where they sell refreshments etc.

These rail seats allow 1.8 people per seat. Well, imagine adding an extra 80% to the crowds outside Anfield this season, or on the concourse at Wigan the other year. They would have been 80% worse, which is a seriously scary thought.

It isn't going to happen, which is a good thing, imo. Not just from a safety perspective, but it would give a massive advantage to the likes of the RS, as they're attendances would inflate considerably and they would no longer be disadvantaged by Anfield's limited capacity.

Like a funeral today. Christ it's quiet.
It was terrible today, embarrassing.
Can anyone come up with an explanation, because I hope it just isn't the trend that we'll just get worse year on year. I remember one point we had the ball in the box and the crowd barely made a sound, none of the usual anticipatrion. And worse yet, at the final whistle no-one bothered to clap the players! The Gwladys street was 70% full, only a few had left by that point, but they just couldn't be arsed.

It affected us today. We have to take the blame, our lethargy transferred to the pitch and made them feel like it was a nothing game - that's what anyone would guess watching on TV, that it meant nothing. We - players & fans - needed reminding the FA Cup quarter final was on offer, that's a big big game. We almost threw it away today

Televised early KO's are usually quiet in the FA Cup.

Unless it's a Tyne-Tees Derby, and they're only noisy coz they're p*ssed.

It was terrible today, embarrassing.
Can anyone come up with an explanation, because I hope it just isn't the trend that we'll just get worse year on year. I remember one point we had the ball in the box and the crowd barely made a sound, none of the usual anticipatrion. And worse yet, at the final whistle no-one bothered to clap the players! The Gwladys street was 70% full, only a few had left by that point, but they just couldn't be arsed.

It affected us today. We have to take the blame, our lethargy transferred to the pitch and made them feel like it was a nothing game - that's what anyone would guess watching on TV, that it meant nothing. We - players & fans - needed reminding the FA Cup quarter final was on offer, that's a big big game. We almost threw it away today

I would say the early kick off and being on TV played its part. But there is no excuse really.

Our away lids will be bouncing at Arsenal, though. Hopefully that will have the players right up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.