Atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjuk87

Player Valuation: £10m
Excluding the likes of the derby/chelsea this season, the atmosphere at home has been dreadful considering how well we're playing, the players we have now, some of the scores etc

What can be done to change it do you think? Do you think it's a problem? Do you think i'm wrong and we've actually had a decent atmosphere?

I sit in the PE and hearing away fans every game cheering ironically because we sing TON TON TON after 70 minutes is beginning to grate on me.

Answers on a postcard...

Its been dreadful for a few seasons now, i honestly believe our crowd can push us to perform better and put pressure on the opposition when we're on it.

Our away support is easily one of or if not the best in the country though

We need some vuvuzuelas or whatever they were called...

Just watching the away games on TV it seemed Palace were the best.

Our lack of atmosphere is replicated at most grounds for the majority of the 90 minutes until a goal is scored, a ref messes up or the team ia going for it after 70 mins.

No one has a good atmosphere any more, undortunately. Culture change init.

This. I can't remember the last game I watched with nothing on the line where the crowd were really up for it and making noise throughout. Look at City, they put 4 or 5 past most teams each weekend but the crowd there are pretty much silent besides the big games.

This. I can't remember the last game I watched with nothing on the line where the crowd were really up for it and making noise throughout. Look at City, they put 4 or 5 past most teams each weekend but the crowd there are pretty much silent besides the big games.

I think you need a bit of "fear"/ worry about the result to get a crowd going. Once there is an expectation its not the same

To be honest, with Everton, i think it's a matter of the football we are playing too, how can we all be fired up when distin passes it to jags, who passes back to distin etc...
The '****e small club' Everton had a better atmosphere because we were a small team who had to use the crowd to get on the referees back and get really over excited when a ball went out for a corner...
However now we are a more intelligent club, i think martinez has not only brought his philosophy to the players but also to the fans, i think it's evident in peoples posts on here that bobby is rubbing off on the fans too.. (or some of us ;)
Now alot of us like to watch the game in a tactical mindset, so i think that's a good thing and we only sing when we're winning, happy days :)

To be honest, with Everton, i think it's a matter of the football we are playing too, how can we all be fired up when distin passes it to jags, who passes back to distin etc...
The '****e small club' Everton had a better atmosphere because we were a small team who had to use the crowd to get on the referees back and get really over excited when a ball went out for a corner...
However now we are a more intelligent club, i think martinez has not only brought his philosophy to the players but also to the fans, i think it's evident in peoples posts on here that bobby is rubbing off on the fans too.. (or some of us ;)
Now alot of us like to watch the game in a tactical mindset, so i think that's a good thing and we only sing when we're winning, happy days :)

Everton have never been a small team mate.

The way it's gone is football fans especially fans of the bigger clubs are only going to get wound up for big games.Love watching Everton and was a nervous wreck days before the derby game but when it comes to playing the likes of West Brom and Norwich at Goodison a lot of fans are only half assed about it.

A singing section is hard to replicate lad.... to get a good few dozen people in one area who want to stand and sing for 90 mins isn't easy. You have to create a designated area in a stand & make sure all people there want to be there to sing?

How do we do that like

Didn't think it was too bad second half vs. Villa. Dead in the first half like, but I don't get up there that often to know really I suppose.

Been there when it's been plenty worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.