• James McFadden ( 68" Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ayegbeni Yakubu ( 68" Sub )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, first away of the season :)

I was going to, but chose to go to newcastle away instead...itll be good if gravesen plays, it was great when he played at bolton, every fan signing his name...hes gona score a hell goal if he plays i think...

Everton have chosen to start with Victor Anichebe ahead of Yakubu at Aston Villa.

Mikel Arteta is still injured, as is Tim Howard.

Stefan Wessels keeps his place in goal while Steven Pienaar makes his second start for the Toffees in midfield.

The regular defensive quartet of Tony Hibbert, Joseph Yobo, Joleon Lescott and Leighton Baines are retained.

In midfield, Pienaar is joined by Leon Osman, Phil Neville and Phil Jagielka.

Andrew Johnson continues up front alongside Anichebe.

Waiting in reserve are substitutes James McFadden, Yakubu, Nuno Valente, Lee Carsley and keeper John Ruddy.

on the os!

...........wessels
hibbert yobo lescott baines
osman jags neville pienaar
...........aj anichebe

talking points : why hibbert still (its either him or carsley and nev in the middle)? yakubu , why pay 12 million for a bench warmer ? strength in depth in midfeild is just weak !

no natural playmaker in the center who can put there foot on the ball and dictate play, and no natural width or crossers on the wings will be the reason why we may lose today!

i hang on to the hope that pienaar shows us what he can do and that aj is on fire.failing that i just cant see how we will create chances .

ps i bet mcfadden and yakubu are seething at being dropped.

come on you blues ! prove me wrong.

pps one of my favourite games under moyes was against villa the season we got into europe the first time.
3-1 at villa.
we played excellent football that day.
lets hope we perform the same today.

Status
Not open for further replies.