Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James McFadden ( 68" Sub )

• Ayegbeni Yakubu ( 68" Sub )

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Poor language removed] horrific performance again.

They need to get there fingers out there arse :angry:

Watched the match here in the USA on tape delay so just now getting around to putting my two cents in.

1) Hibbert was NOT the poorest player on the pitch today.

2) Pienaar looks like he could do the business for us but it took him awhile to get into this match.

3) Baines looks like the steal of the season.

4) Osman, once again pushed off the ball way too many times.

5) Anyone besides me wondering if having Stubbs back in at centerback might help a leaky defense? Is it a coincidence that we've been poor in back in his absence?

6) Wessels had a poor match and put to bed any thought of Howard riding the pine for an extended period of time. Howard will be back in as soon as he's healthy. But again, I'll reiterate that Wessels has all the makings of a good player and a great 2nd stringer to have considering what we've had in the past.

7) Said so many times but worth saying one more time. No Howard, Arteta, Cahill, Vaughan and dare I say it, Gravesen. Missing a bit there in the middle of the park.

8) You might have been joking about VDM coming into a match like this but I would have put him in there if he was on the bench and healthy. Couldn't have hurt.

9) All those saying "Anichebe, Anichebe, Anichebe !!!" instead of Yak or AJ can put that one to rest as well. HE DID NOTHING TODAY and looked worse than Yak did against Metalist (meaning he had zero impact). No question our front line should be Yak and AJ. Anichebe is one for the future, especially when Vaughan gets healthy.

We were poor today and again, no creativity in the middle of the park. Looked a little better in the 2nd half but after they got number two, you knew that's how it would turn out.

Season is still early. They'll sort it out. Have a little faith.

Without our three main influential midfielders in Arteta, Cahill and Gravesen we are bound to struggle, as would any side without three key midfielders.

If we had a full strength side and Villa were without Barry, Coker and Young today we would have slaughtered them.

Keep the faith lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.