Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got Martinez, I wasn't impressed at all.
We got Barry, I wasn't impressed at all.
We got McCarthy, I wasn't impressed at all.

If we get McGeady, I won't be impressed at all ... Do your magic Bobby and prove me wrong once again.

if we're gonna sign him we need him now

If he agrees a pre-contract it would be in the russian clubs interest to accept any low fee rather than missing out!

As it's not like they are using him anyway.

By all accounts, the lad clearly has bags of talent, just never applied them as well as he could.

Absolutely. He'll need to buy the rest of that contract out. Jelavic and Heitinga digging their heels wont help him in that respect...whether it's for McGeady or anyone else.
Needing to move on some middle-level earners (by rest of the league's standards) just to bring in a player with 6 months left.
Forever held back by our finances.

6qae0e1.png

...he always has a presser on a Thursday.

The story doesnt even make sense :

"Everton have agreed a pre-contract with Spartak Moscow midfielder Aiden McGeady, with the 27-year-old set to join Everton in the summer."

"As McGeady has 18 months left on his contract, Spartak may be prepared to cut a deal with suitors."

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't read it all mate.

TheMirror are reporting he'll have a medical and be available for Saturday.

Republic of Ireland winger is set for a medical on Thursday and could sign in time be in the Toffees' squad to face Norwich at the weekend
Lokomotiv%20Moskva%20v%20Spartak%20Moscow%20-%20Russian%20Premier%20League-1298812.jpg

Everton are ready to sign Republic of Ireland winger Aiden McGeady on Thursday in boss Roberto Martinez's next shrewd transfer raid.

McGeady is set for a medical on Merseyside after contract terms were sorted out.

Martinez will finally get McGeady, a year after chasing him when he was boss at Wigan - and the player also gets his wish to play in England.

McGeady has been playing for Spartak Moscow for the past couple of years after leaving Scottish giants Celtic but has eyed a return to Britain for some time - and could possibly sign for the Toffees in time to be in the squad to face Norwich on Saturday.

Martinez is well-off for wide men when everyone is fit, but McGeady will give him a long-term signing for just a small fee.

Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu is on loan for a season and his absence with injury has stretched the squad.

http://http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-news-aiden-mcgeady-3003050?

Status
Not open for further replies.