Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the game said to myself Christ how much did we pay for him what ever it was, was to much. But thinking about it he's never had a run of games. Hes in and out or subbed off first. Think Martinez should say to him right I'm going to give you a run of 5/6 games see if it helps his confidence and see if he improves because at the minute it's just not working.
About 500k..

He does important things just frequently enough so as to not be gash.

However Mirallas has shown us what a top winger actually does, with almost a goal a game so far this season, a few assists and just generally being an absolute terror every time he plays.

They are different kinds of players -- McGeady is more of a creator -- but the difference in consistency is everything.

I still think he needs to put on some weight, but you'd think someone would have thought of that at his age. He gets bullied physically all game every game and it makes him look whack as.

He does important things just frequently enough so as to not be gash.

However Mirallas has shown us what a top winger actually does, with almost a goal a game so far this season, a few assists and just generally being an absolute terror every time he plays.

They are different kinds of players -- McGeady is more of a creator -- but the difference in consistency is everything.
Mirallas has become far more consistent under Martinez as he has settled into the team. Perhaps the same will happen with McGeady although think he is even more of a confidence player than most wingers.

McGeady also seems to be getting a bit of the same focus on his errors that Naismith did, hope he can turn the crowd around the same way.

McGeady gets an awful time on here. He played well and he gives us balance, a proper winger out there doing proper wingy things.

To honest most of the squad has been getting an awful time on here not just McGeady, shame really, still at least we dont get on the players backs at Goodison :oops:

I think McGeady is working harder on his defence than he did previously.
The set up for the third goal was the best of McGeady and was genuinely great play. Unfortunately for too much of the game he is peripheral.
At times you could forget he was playing. He is capable of taking on defenders and going past them, he needs to do more of that. As somebody already said he does look a little lightweight.

During the game said to myself Christ how much did we pay for him what ever it was, was to much. But thinking about it he's never had a run of games. Hes in and out or subbed off first. Think Martinez should say to him right I'm going to give you a run of 5/6 games see if it helps his confidence and see if he improves because at the minute it's just not working.

Based on form and playing well, do you think Coleman should be getting games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.