Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of it like that - he has pace, which we've all been crying out in the recent years, and offers a decent cross of the ball. Considering we have players ageing on the wings (well, player - Pienaar - and Naismith is already about 40 anyway, in terms of physicality) - it's not that bad a deal. If we get him for next to nothing - even better.

On the other hand - he's an ugly f*cker. We've really not done well this season in getting a lot of sexy players in (Deulofeu aside). Yeah, they play sexy football, like McCarthy, but:
James-McCarthy-2248769.jpg

When I say I'd prefer Naismith to McGeady, it should give you a fairly clear indication of my opinion of him.

A winger who can't cross. Tremendous.

It's not how we really play though - we actually rely on the full backs for direct delivery into the box. The wingers we have are more inside forwards who run at angles towards the corner of the box and look for the through ball or shot.

I think McGeady could theoretically suit that system, as there's no doubt he's an intelligent player who is comfortable in possession with quick feet; the worry for me is solely his consistency and professionalism. We could have the wing version of Heitinga on our hands if he signs on and decides to coast down his contract.

2-3 year deal max for me.

I think the key to this acquisition (if it comes off) is that it's purely for squad reasons. Although he can be extremely frustrating with his end product he's still a fairly talented player. He did command a fee of £9 a couple of years ago after all. His pace and trickery will be useful coming off the bench against tired legs. Good back up out wide.
Less than a tenner ffs.

Think of it like that - he has pace, which we've all been crying out in the recent years, and offers a decent cross of the ball. Considering we have players ageing on the wings (well, player - Pienaar - and Naismith is already about 40 anyway, in terms of physicality) - it's not that bad a deal. If we get him for next to nothing - even better.

On the other hand - he's an ugly f*cker. We've really not done well this season in getting a lot of sexy players in (Deulofeu aside). Yeah, they play sexy football, like McCarthy, but:

He most definately isnt a decent crosser or passer of a ball mate, he is ****ing shocking at both, all he is is speed and even in a league as poor as the russian one started to get found out for being a one trick pony, he is a head down player if that makes sense, has no awarness of anything around him and just tries to knock the ball past people and sprint to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.