Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd be an excellent squad player. Sometimes you need to be able to bring on someone with real pace to stretch a game. Remember how good Bent was for us, and McGeady is a far better footballer.

Bent was good in a team that generally gave the other team nothing. The amount of 1-0s in that season tells you if nothing else we stopped the other team playing. Fantastic player for us in his own way but a god awful striker if there ever was one. I do agree if he is fast then he could make a difference in the last 15 of a game, more so than Naismith.

depending on the fee...id be happy to have him as a squad player tbh. If we get him on literally Jan 1st then he could come straight in and give some much needed cover while GD is out with his hamstring.

I'm really not sure about McGeady. At times he looks a good player. Others he looks dung. He's better than Naismith though and we need squad depth. So if the deal is right for the club, finance wise, then I say sign him up.

I trust Roberto.

He cost Spartak £9m and they're content to let him run down his contract and leave on a free. That really should have alarm bells ringing.

But that's in Russia mate. Seriously, who's going to be inspired to play sexy togger out there>?

Forward to 1.05 there's a decent bit of play then

[video=youtube;GBR2zo5CuL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBR2zo5CuL4[/video]

Forward to 1.05 there's a decent bit of play then

[video=youtube;GBR2zo5CuL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBR2zo5CuL4[/video]

Don't need to watch some highlight clip montage of his best bits to know he's utter ****e mate, seen the guy live plenty of times and seen what he does in 90 mins rather than 3 minutes of a season like youtube shows, he has nothing we want and would be a utter disaster in the prem

I think he's a poor professional who severely lacks consistency. A luxury player who hasn't looked up for a game since around 2008.

Not claiming I've seen loads of him in Moscow; I've only seen him play twice for them and he was gash on both occasions.

As noted, the fact he's being allowed to leave without ceremony, supposedly at the peak of his career, should set alarm bells off, but you never know, this could be the bargain of the decade if he turns up and starts skinning people like a boss.

But the odds suggest not... You've got to have faith in Martinez I suppose, and on the plus side it's one more player ahead of Naismith in the pecking order, and Osman too (who should never, ever be near a chance of playing on the right wing for us ever again).

When I say I'd prefer Naismith to McGeady, it should give you a fairly clear indication of my opinion of him.

A winger who can't cross. Tremendous.

I think the key to this acquisition (if it comes off) is that it's purely for squad reasons. Although he can be extremely frustrating with his end product he's still a fairly talented player. He did command a fee of £9 a couple of years ago after all. His pace and trickery will be useful coming off the bench against tired legs. Being an impact player as opposed to a starter will probably get a little bit more out of him. Good back up out wide.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.