Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley is too risky on current form imo to play in a midfield two, especially against a tough team like Wolfsburg away. We have Besic (and possibly Gibson if fit) who can play there, prefer them in cm and keep Barkley further up the pitch ideally in the CAM role.
I'm not sure McCarthy-Besic as a pairing are 'too samey'.

I take your point about Barkley playing deeper, but I think we have this group under control and we really should be looking to coast to one of the top two places. Moyes used it for that, and he was a way more cautious man than Martinez.

I'm not sure McCarthy-Besic as a pairing are 'too samey'.

I take your point about Barkley playing deeper, but I think we have this group under control and we really should be looking to coast to one of the top two places. Moyes used it for that, and he was a way more cautious man than Martinez.
We're Everton Dave, looking like we have things under control is when we are most likely to completely screw things up! Want to ensure we get at least a point in Germany then we are guaranteed to go through then we can start experimenting.

Dave will say that pass was going right in the top corner before it was intercepted and we're all negative like Moyes for being angry that we conceded from it.

Hes just another mcfadden.

Scores a boss goal once in a blue moon or does a nice skill once a game but is utter mince every other time

Status
Not open for further replies.