Aiden McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGeady is a 'phenomenal' player. Barry is 'the best defensive midfielder in the country'. Baines is 'the best left back in Europe'. Jagielka has 'taken his game to another level'. Barkley is the greatest talent England has ever seen, Eto was a 'gift from the footballing gods' and Lukaku is the 'complete centre forward'

Just one question. - why are we crap this season?

It's clear the way Martinez is thinking then. When Mirallas is back:

McGeady Barkley Mirallas
-----------Lukaku

Lots of pace and trickery there.

Just like the golden period last year - except with McGeady replacing Deulofeu.

The problem with McGeady, is that like Barkley currently, he only shows flashes of brilliance, instead of putting in consistent performances week in week out.

He would do well to learn from the likes of Pienaar who know when to keep it simple at times, instead of trying something exceptional every time he has the ball.

Having said that, he has impressed me recently and I think he is best when he has the mentality to run at players with pace. Defenders find it hard to defend against him when he is in that mood.

McGeady is a 'phenomenal' player. Barry is 'the best defensive midfielder in the country'. Baines is 'the best left back in Europe'. Jagielka has 'taken his game to another level'. Barkley is the greatest talent England has ever seen, Eto was a 'gift from the footballing gods' and Lukaku is the 'complete centre forward'

Just one question. - why are we crap this season?

Lol at deluded Kopites overating their players.

It's clear the way Martinez is thinking then. When Mirallas is back:

McGeady Barkley Mirallas
-----------Lukaku

Lots of pace and trickery there.

Just like the golden period last year - except with McGeady replacing Deulofeu.

One of them will get injured as Mirallas comes back.

Glad it was just a bug, was worried when he wasn't on the bench at least.

Mirallas is coming back from a long layoff though, a poor game was to be expected.

I'd expect McGeady to play in the EL. Martinez seems to feel he matches up well with European set ups.

Think it will be Besic in for Osman given he played for 90 today but otherwise agree with the three behind Lukaku swtiching freely.

I'd like to see us experiment a bit and play McCarthy and Barkley together with McGeady and Atsu (or Mirallas if up to another game right now) operating on the wings.

I hate to see Everton narrow, and when Martinez went out and loaned Atsu to supplement McGeady and Mirallas I thought we'd be getting a lot of that this season. Fair enough, he has given McGeady game time, but I dont think Atsu is getting a chance, tbh.

I'd like to see us experiment a bit and play McCarthy and Barkley together with McGeady and Atsu (or Mirallas if up to another game right now) operating on the wings.

I hate to see Everton narrow, and when Martinez went out and loaned Atsu to supplement McGeady and Mirallas I thought we'd be getting a lot of that this season. Fair enough, he has given McGeady game time, but I dont think Atsu is getting a chance, tbh.
Barkley is too risky on current form imo to play in a midfield two, especially against a tough team like Wolfsburg away. We have Besic (and possibly Gibson if fit) who can play there, prefer them in cm and keep Barkley further up the pitch ideally in the CAM role.

Status
Not open for further replies.