Ages, casualties, and squad progression

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't read whole thread but can't see anywhere that anybody picked up on a mistake in the first sentance by the original poster. says Moyes has been here nearly 9 years!! lets get him to 8 first please.

anyway yak, osman, vic and yobo out for me.

Yeah and look where that's got them! lol

DEBT DEBT DEBT

We had it when we sold Lescott.
No ... you're a [Poor language removed], you're a fool, you know nothing about football. Now we have Johnny Collossus threads.

Everton fans raise players to stardom status just because they lace their boots up for the club.
They can't let go ...............

Noooooooooooooooo, he is Mr Everton.
Noooooooooooooooo, he is our captain.
Noooooooooooooooo, he scored today.

So Saha has scored 15 goals. Big frickin deal. He's payed a fortune to do just that. When he scores 30, 2 seasons in a row, then I'll worry. Besides his goals, he's been bloody inconsistent. People forget the times he's been replaced because he hasn't made a stamp on the game.

So Timmy has been good in the past. Big frickin deal. It's the future we need to concern ourselves with. At the moment, he's injured, and before that he was shockingly crap.

Invaluable? Don't make me laugh.

Everton players deserve this .... or that?
Get a frickin life lads. It's the fans who deserve this and that. The players get paid a ransom, and win naff all. They deserve naff all, but should 'earn' every penny.

There.
I think I feel better now. lol

We had it when we sold Lescott.
No ... you're a [Poor language removed], you're a fool, you know nothing about football. Now we have Johnny Collossus threads.

Everton fans raise players to stardom status just because they lace their boots up for the club.
They can't let go ...............

Noooooooooooooooo, he is Mr Everton.
Noooooooooooooooo, he is our captain.
Noooooooooooooooo, he scored today.

So Saha has scored 15 goals. Big frickin deal. He's payed a fortune to do just that. When he scores 30, 2 seasons in a row, then I'll worry. Besides his goals, he's been bloody inconsistent. People forget the times he's been replaced because he hasn't made a stamp on the game.

So Timmy has been good in the past. Big frickin deal. It's the future we need to concern ourselves with. At the moment, he's injured, and before that he was shockingly crap.

Invaluable? Don't make me laugh.

Everton players deserve this .... or that?
Get a frickin life lads. It's the fans who deserve this and that. The players get paid a ransom, and win naff all. They deserve naff all, but should 'earn' every penny.

There.
I think I feel better now. lol

BAN! BAN! BAN!

Well you are making some bizarre statements on here like lad.

Its a fact:
Manchester United debt hits £716m
Without selling Ronaldo Manchester United's parent company would have made a substantial loss last year.

Their income versus expenditure arn't light years ahead of ours, particuarly with the £69million interest repayments they have to find every season. The point I make they cannot sustain that debt hence their instability and the issues they've got. I'll be very surprised seeing them spending money in the summer. Its a nonsense that they have £80million to spend. That was eaten up by the debt levels, and it's safe to assume that they'll still have to find £60million this year, without the £80.4 million asset sale on the books.

We're in a transition period in English football.

As I said. Bizzare.

I can see I'm going to have to use big letters, and no joined up writing before you will stop reading into things m8.

Please take a look at our debt, then look at our books, and tell me that we can afford to pay players huge wages to be part of a squad ......... just because we 'quite like them' as fans. :dodgy:

That was my point when comparing things to United. If you read, WHICH YOU DIDN'T, I said 'WERE' the richest club in the world!

I can see I'm going to have to use big letters, and no joined up writing before you will stop reading into things m8.

Please take a look at our debt, then look at our books, and tell me that we can afford to pay players huge wages to be part of a squad ......... just because we 'quite like them' as fans. :dodgy:

That was my point when comparing things to United. If you read, WHICH YOU DIDN'T, I said 'WERE' the richest club in the world!

Our wages to turnover is around 60%.

Its lower than many of competitors as is our debt. And they already have renovated stadia.

I think its a mute point. If Moyes wants to sell a 30 something because he has a replacement he will.

As for your Cahill has been crap lark Or Saha has been crap or Yak has been crap.... I suggest you take them off to moany-web.

The oracles of football on there think along those lines.

It may not have penetrated that brick for a brain of yours but maybe a 30 year old has been offered a new contract because Moyes wants to spend some money or get a bosman in a different position for that particular season. Or incorporate a youth player too.....

We've made the point, Cahill's 1.5 million's been paid for since 2005 probably 10 times over. Saha's pay as he plays deal with his 20+ goals.

As such any loss on the books (amortisation) has been taken account of.

So I'm really really really struggling to take account of your point :blink:

Are you trying to pre-empt something the manager's already taken account of and made a decision on? If so... why? :blink:

NOOOO. Don't answer that. please. No.

Seriously, the team has been inconsistent all season, there hasn't been a stand out player and we have struggled to find the right balance for alot of the season.

Saha's 15 goals in 25 starts is impressive, and he has without doubt been one of our best players this season. Who's are next top goalscorer? I think Pienaar and Cahill have got around six, speaks for itself really.

I wish we could back the team and players instead of being critical and downbeat about age all the time. Let me remind you - Nigel Martyn. Neville Southall. Richard Gough. Dave Watson. David Weir (who incidentally has just won spl player of the month) Alan Stubbs. Out of them, which one let us down?

Its lower than many of competitors as is our debt. And they already have renovated stadia.

I think its a mute point. If Moyes wants to sell a 30 something because he has a replacement he will.

As for your Cahill has been crap lark Or Saha has been crap or Yak has been crap.... I suggest you take them off to moany-web.

It may not have penetrated that brick for a brain of yours but maybe a 30 year old has been offered a new contract because Moyes wants to spend some money or get a bosman in a different position for that particular season. Or incorporate a youth player too.....

We've made the point, Cahill's 1.5 million's been paid for since 2005 probably 10 times over. Saha's pay as he plays deal with his 20+ goals.

Are you trying to pre-empt something the manager's already taken account of and made a decision on? If so... why? :blink:

Don't be telling people where they should discuss Everton m8, or I'll stop being nice. Ok?
Saha IS NOT on a pay as you play deal.

I wish we could back the team and players instead of being critical and downbeat about age all the time. Let me remind you - Nigel Martyn. Neville Southall. Richard Gough. Dave Watson. David Weir (who incidentally has just won spl player of the month) Alan Stubbs. Out of them, which one let us down?

One of them was Welsh?

Don't be telling people where they should discuss Everton m8, or I'll stop being nice. Ok?
Saha IS NOT on a pay as you play deal.

HIS TRANSFER INVOLVED A PAY AS HE PLAYS FEE TO MANCHESTER UNITED.

I give up. Going to go bang my head on the table.

Oh and you stopped being "nice" a page back with your mini rant.
QUOTE: bluebastardo

You weapon.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.