“Clear Progress”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give me examples of both thier managerial careers do a few comparisons to back up your point. I like where you are going. I'm just not that clued in. I need to know more please.

I understand where you are coming from, but the idea that past success will be an indicator of future success isn’t necessarily true. Howard Kendall did great in the 80’s, but nobody wanted to keep him on in 1998. Mourinho has one of the best managerial records on the planet yet he just got sacked off by Spurs. Benitez has a great record but he is washed up now.

Duncan’s little cameo was extremely brief, but he had the players running through brick walls at full pelt for the club, in a manner comparable to how Klopp has his players dying for the shirt at the RS. Being a bully like Koeman doesn’t work, but nobody wants to get on the wrong side of Klopp, same went for Alex Ferguson. I think Duncan could manage something similar at Everton.

I’m not advocating for Duncan to replace Ancellotti, not yet anyway, but his football was a lot more entertaining that’s for sure.

The progress is blindingly clear, it's just not as great as we were hoping for.

Can be made up for next season by increasing the point haul by a whopping 4 or 5 points. 63 or 64 will very likely have us in the top 6. 8 or 9 more and we'll probably be in the top 4.

Points total.

First win anfield 20 off years. 25 years at arsenal. Record breaking points v the super six. Many many hoodoos and mental blocks have been lifted in just one season. 3 points between 10th and Europe. Just couldn't get over the line in the end.

Now its up to everton if they wanna give carlo the team he needs to build on it to play better togger v the lesser sides with this new found confidence against the big sides.
Omg is this a balanced post?

Skimming through the posts on here in the last hour you’d have thought we stayed up on goal difference

10 points is not to be sneered at.

Another 10 may not get us into the CL with City, United, Chelsea and the RS all looking strong going into next season, but it would contend.

The bigger problem is that it doesn't represent much progress on Ancelotti's pace while in charge. To be fair, injuries, which probably bodes well for next season with additions and a preseason.

But there's going to have to be an attitude change and that may lead to some surprising outs.

I do think its been a slightly better season despite the very disappointing home form and end to the season. We had a brilliant away record and some big wins. But the truth is a good portion of these players are not good enough quality or mentality wise, and we have massive holes in the squad. But the statement is reflective of the biggest issue at the club there is no demand for success from the board down. And it does filter down to the players. Remember the unexpected losses phrase?

Not really buying into this 10 point improvement at all. We played 15 games under that duffer Marco Silva last season who was barley managing a point per game by the time he was sacked. If you were to extrapolate Carlo Ancelotti's win percentage last season over a full season, you get a very similar total to what we've ended this season with.

This has been a season of regret rather than progress. There was such an opportunity for us to really kick on but a frightening lack of quality has held us back, and it's up to Marcel Brands to rectify. That bloke is really in last chance saloon now.

Whats Ancelottis points per game for this and last season?

Thats how to compare the team rather than to include Silvas time.

In any case, with covid affecting so much throughout the season and with a new window upon us i think we'll now start to see a team emerge next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.