“Clear Progress”

Status
Not open for further replies.
She probably had that typed out about 6 weeks ago ago when it was looking like we would finish 7th at worst and 4th at best.

She hadn't counted on us doing an Everton last day and putting in zero effort to finish 10th
Nobody expected a result last day, mate. Plenty of other appalling results in those 6 weeks to explain the 10th place finish!!

David Moyes would be smirking at the moment. A balloon burst and the team lost all their energy. Sheffield United loss utterly destroyed a hopeful eventful season.

You could see progress in the first half of the season but the 2nd half completely fell off a cliff and went downwards all the way with some of the worst football i have seen from an Everton team in 20 years. At times we were even worse than when Allardyce was in charge which is an achievement all by itself. We were absolutely shocking.

Any initial clear progress was cancelled out in true Everton That fashion making it an average season and you cannot get any more average than finishing 10th out of 20.

Progress will be getting as many of these pretend footballers out of the club as fast as possible and replacing them with players who can pass the ball and actually want to play for Everton. Only then will we see the true Carlo Ancelotti.

We're back to blaming Duncan Ferguson then?

He's a potential Everton manager, that's why. He's learning from one of the very best. When Ancelotti leaves, he's a candidate to step in.

Lukaku, Calvert-Lewin have credited him with improving their game no end.

Really is cringeworthy how fans start to blame coaches like Ferguson and Davide Ancelotti when things aren't going well.

Im not so much blaming Dunc but no one can honestly say he would have been scouted by Carlo or any other manager at a club of our level to be the assistant coach therefore why are we as a club so keen to give him imo a vital position so easily?

You look at what Alan Irvine did at Everton over the years, clubs like Arsenal scouting Arteta who was highly rated in the work he did under Pep, that Portuguese club taking Silva's 2nd hand man who was highly rated.

We just give positions away at the club to anyone who once played for us regardless of any track record of success.

Baxter, Franny Jeffers, Unsworth the list goes on with us. If the coaching team isn't at its best how can we expect players to go onto the field playing any kind of recognised good football?

Im not so much blaming Dunc but no one can honestly say he would have been scouted by Carlo or any other manager at a club of our level to be the assistant coach therefore why are we as a club so keen to give him imo a vital position so easily?

You look at what Alan Irvine did at Everton over the years, clubs like Arsenal scouting Arteta who was highly rated in the work he did under Pep, that Portuguese club taking Silva's 2nd hand man who was highly rated.

We just give positions away at the club to anyone who once played for us regardless of any track record of success.

Baxter, Franny Jeffers, Unsworth the list goes on with us. If the coaching team isn't at its best how can we expect players to go onto the field playing any kind of recognised good football?

There's an argument of jobs for the boys, but I don't think Duncan Ferguson is a good example.

All the top teams retain former players on their coaching staff.

In general terms I don’t disagree with you at all, mate. The “jobs for the boys” culture has been a joke for years and has held us back in certain areas. This season, though, DCL has been one of very few success stories and he himself attributes that in part to Dunc, so I think there’s a coach of some value in there, somewhere.

Is he the best coach available? Far from it. Is he having some success, in combination with Carlo, in improving our main (only!) number 9? Defo.

Its all well and good helping DCL to head a ball - but is he helping Carlo with the tactics? Is he coaching the midfielders? Is he helping coach players movement on and off the ball? Is he helping Bridge the link between the defence and midfield or midfield to the attack?

I love Dunc he was my idol growing up but I dont support Dunc or Carlo FC I support Everton and if there is a better assistant coach out there we should have 100% appointed them over him or Davide or whoever at the club.

Its same with Unsworth - our academy has largely stagnated since Barkley/Davies but no one's position ever seems to be up for review.

Glass half-full or half-empty? Single malt or bleach? To me, it's a combination of both as far as this season was concerned.

Our performance has been that of a mid table club, which has literally finished in the middle of the table, below Leeds and just above Villa.

I think Duncan Ferguson would be a better manager of Everton than Carlo Ancellotti. The football wouldn’t be anywhere near as drab and negative under Duncan, that’s for sure.

I don't mind the CEO putting a positive spin on things, thats understood for what it is, spin.

The important things go on behind the scenes and on the pitch.

Obviously, they haven't been important enough this season.

Our performance has been that of a mid table club, which has literally finished in the middle of the table, below Leeds and just above Villa.

I think Duncan Ferguson would be a better manager of Everton than Carlo Ancellotti. The football wouldn’t be anywhere near as drab and negative under Duncan, that’s for sure.
Can you give me examples of both thier managerial careers do a few comparisons to back up your point. I like where you are going. I'm just not that clued in. I need to know more please.

Status
Not open for further replies.