£85,027,727 in premier league payments but only in 7th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks kiwi for the response..this is amazing really..but dont think i could follow the link to such a negative poster..much better to follow such as yourself..

I can't be bothered to read through whatever transpired between you two, but just a word of advice some people on here really enjoy winding people up, they may be sound posters most of the time but when you disagree and show any kind of emotion they'll pounce on it.

There are subjects where you can have sensible disagreements and see the merits of the other sides viewpoint, and there are those where both parties are just talking in circles and emotions overwhelm logic. Be mindful to avoid the latter and you'll find this forum is usually a very pleasant place.

Anyways, welcome mate!

Does anyone know how this all compares to other Leagues?

Its a lot lot more than all other leagues mate, only ones that would compare would be at a guess Madrid and Barca due to the ridiculous way the Spanish league works guaranteeing them the majority of revenue just for being Barca and Madrid

sorry kiwi..tried to converse privately..but couldnt manage to do it yet..however thanks for the advice..seriously didnt know who was winding up whoever..i just tried to have my say and was the obvious newcomer to start slating to..by a poster of thousands i wondered what to say...having said that i felt he was trying to goad me into something further..so like you have advised me i will try to be aware of that in future...3 40 am here now so maybe we can talk again another time..thanks..pat..

sorry kiwi..tried to converse privately..but couldnt manage to do it yet..however thanks for the advice..seriously didnt know who was winding up whoever..i just tried to have my say and was the obvious newcomer to start slating to..by a poster of thousands i wondered what to say...having said that i felt he was trying to goad me into something further..so like you have advised me i will try to be aware of that in future...3 40 am here now so maybe we can talk again another time..thanks..pat..

Hi pat mate, to be fair you said my name abar 20 times, clearly we got off on the wrong foot, so im gonna say sorry, cos clearly you think ive wronged you in some way and im gonna place you on my vast ignore list, I hope you enjoy your stay on this forum and I look forward to you being a valued and long time poster on this wonderful place. Good day to you my friend.

I can't be bothered to read through whatever transpired between you two, but just a word of advice some people on here really enjoy winding people up, they may be sound posters most of the time but when you disagree and show any kind of emotion they'll pounce on it.

There are subjects where you can have sensible disagreements and see the merits of the other sides viewpoint, and there are those where both parties are just talking in circles and emotions overwhelm logic. Be mindful to avoid the latter and you'll find this forum is usually a very pleasant place.

Anyways, welcome mate!
hopefully toffee it was handbags at dawn really...and mine is bigger than his i hope..but must admit i got a bit frightened at such a legend responding to my first posts.
any time now i thought he would ban me before i got my first breath.
you will hopefully be surprised how much knowledge i have about efc and so sorry to have got started on the wrong foot as it seems..
anyway you are the first to welcome me to the site and thank you for that..toffee.

I feel like I've just read the first 4 pages of Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas Pt. II ...

Neonexperience%2Bshrooms%2Banimated%2Bgif.gif

Hi pat mate, to be fair you said my name abar 20 times, clearly we got off on the wrong foot, so im gonna say sorry, cos clearly you think ive wronged you in some way and im gonna place you on my vast ignore list, I hope you enjoy your stay on this forum and I look forward to you being a valued and long time poster on this wonderful place. Good day to you my friend.
many thanks for the reply moat...only kidding..mout..apoligies not needed from somone like yourself..i have read many of your posts
please dont put me in your sin bin yet.
we did get off on the wrong post really but i cant apologise for my response to your...bloodmoney claim..thats all mate.
and if i said your name abar 20 times as you say...apologies for that..it was not meant in jest or to hurt..

as you say this is a wonderfull place to visit and also peruse..most comments are extremely entertaining and very often educational as well..
me being from the old school may also be able to enlighten many of our most younger fans hopefully.
once again thank you for responding ..

Richard Scudamore, the chief executive of the Premier League, said the regulations his clubs have introduced should not be likened to Uefa's financial fair play, and indeed the most striking first impression was how much more slack the 20 clubs have cut for themselves. Uefa's financial fair play rules restrict clubs in European competitions to making total losses of €45m in 2012‑14, while the Premier League's limit, agreed after nine months of discussion, is £105m over three years. That is still a great deal of money to lose between 2013 and 2016, given the £5.5bn bonanza expected to arrive in TV income alone.

The rules, the £105m loss and the measures restricting players' wages increases, are clearly a compromise. A deal has been done to reach a middle ground between clubs such as Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur who wanted a strict implementation of Uefa's €45m limit, and other clubs, including Manchester City, who wanted no restrictions at all.

Scudamore argued that these rules will protect the Premier League clubs financially in advance of this deluge of cash. The £105m is only allowed to be lost if an owner has guaranteed it and paid the money in. Losses not guaranteed by owners will be limited to the much more modest £15m over three years. That, the Premier League said, will prevent "another Portsmouth", the notoriously insolvent club that, in administration again, lurched into another tortured twist, with a new bid made to challenge that of the supporters trust, even as the current top 20 clubs were meeting.

The compromise is also broader, between a vision of football that has clubs living within their means, and one that wants owners buying them and pouring in cash to buy success. The compromise means the English game is still open to that model, but such an owner is limited to £105m over three years, plus investment in youth training and infrastructure. Scudamore specifically acknowledged that the rules will not allow turbo-fuelling like that of Manchester City, where Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan has injected around £1bn since 2008 to elevate City from ninth in the Premier League to champions.

There will be sanctions for breaching the rule, and Scudamore said they will push for it to be severe, a points deduction if the £105m is seriously overspent. The aim is to allow owners to put serious money into clubs, but not quite so serious as Roman Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour have unleashed into their football ventures.

The wage limit is a little odd, and illustrates the greatest frustration with the conduct of these reforms. Most clubs' main aim is to ensure they do not blow the forthcoming vast fortune on ever-inflating players' wages. They have agreed to limit wage bill increases to £4m in 2013, then £8m, then £12m, out of the Premier League's TV income. Clubs, though, can increase wages from commercial revenue – or ticket income.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/feb/07/premier-league-self-interest-fair-play

It's all a load of rubbish. FFP, Prem league's FFP/wage structure...The lot.

All it does is keep the mega wealthy rich, and the rest below them where they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.