£85,027,727 in premier league payments but only in 7th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip unfortunately so mate. We can NEVER be taken over like city or Chelsea were and bring in world class players to get challenging for titles and CL's immediately.

Think it's very unfair tbh.

It's not unfair there just in a sence luckier, I don't think we will ever be mega rich or sold under bk
It's annoying at times when most clubs can buy who they like. It's a big summer this we have to spend if we have it

Do you think Howard got a reduction in his saves after this fantastic season. I highly doubt it.

Pretty irrelevant point mate, it's his job like to save the ball and doing it well this season has earned him a new 4 years contract and if you think he's not had a wage reduction on a new four year deal which will see him still under contract till the age of 39 then your not in touch with reality like

So nearly half our games were on tv?! Wow, it REALLY doesn't seem like we were on anywhere close to that much!
This is mindblowing to me, every single premier league game was available for online streaming in the United States, as long as you subscribed to the NBC Sports channel. Was there any online streaming package for UK based viewers? To me it seems very unfair that us Americans are able to watch every minute of premier league football and you aren't.

And honestly the online model seems to be more fine tuned if anything. Broadcasters have to estimate how many people watch a given game on television, but they can literally count every single viewer in an online stream, and we're all seeing the same shirt sponsors and advertising boards so what's the difference?

Yeah, interesting that there isnt a second of EPL games that we cannot watch in the US while England isnt so lucky. Im not complaining though. :-D

This is mindblowing to me, every single premier league game was available for online streaming in the United States, as long as you subscribed to the NBC Sports channel. Was there any online streaming package for UK based viewers? To me it seems very unfair that us Americans are able to watch every minute of premier league football and you aren't.

And honestly the online model seems to be more fine tuned if anything. Broadcasters have to estimate how many people watch a given game on television, but they can literally count every single viewer in an online stream, and we're all seeing the same shirt sponsors and advertising boards so what's the difference?
Don't feel too sorry for us, we get to go to the match!

TV coverage is restricted domestically in order to assure crowds don't drop. Not only at the televised games, but at lower-league matches kicking off at the same time.

Though, I should add, that is likely to change. The proliferation of illegal streams means that they will eventually want to monetise that. If people are watching games live on the Internet anyway, they'd rather give us an official option and make some cash.

Though, I should add, that is likely to change. The proliferation of illegal streams means that they will eventually want to monetise that. If people are watching games live on the Internet anyway, they'd rather give us an official option and make some cash.

If they guaranteed that money raised from that would go to lower and non league football I wouldn't mind so much.

From a purely selfish point of view id prefer that option and be willing to pay for it - watching the games in decent quality and not having the associated issues (and potential issues) of the current option would be great.

Maybe if they cut it down to just away games and you could only get to it through your customer number with a history of attending the game, so fans of the home team couldn't get in on it to prevent attendances being affected. There are usually no more than 4,000 or much less able to go to away games, meaning there are 36,000 potential customers for the club who simply aren't allowed to watch the game, which seems ridiculous to me. I get it for home games but if you could restrict it to your own fans or make it very difficult for the opposition to watch then the only consideration is that the rich would get even richer, but that's how football is nowadays anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.