Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think some are getting a little bit ahead of themselves this afternoon.

Yes, the narrative is compelling, and yes, another few dots being lobbed in the mix and seemingly getting joined. The timing is interesting, to say the least...

Its too perfect.

Tbh I was buzzing last night that we might be getting Bernard so a few kopite journalists coming out hopefully claiming Usmanov isn’t coming to us when this morning no one even expected him to shouldn’t dampen our optimism.

Think some are getting a little bit ahead of themselves this afternoon.

Yes, the narrative is compelling, and yes, another few dots being lobbed in the mix and seemingly getting joined. The timing is interesting, to say the least...

Its too perfect.

Occam's razor, when presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

Time to get giddy.

Usmanov isn't coming here. He'll take his money somewhere where he is solely in charge with no other large investors....

I'm hoping this is an incorrect prediction (again). Please let me be vaulted. Please let me be vaulted. Please let me be vaulted..

Both of those clubs got fined 35 million euros or somewhere around that.

Also telling that PSG were going to get spanked hard in july over FFP after the Mbappe and Neymar deals but Uefa relented and nothing happened.

There is a FFP 2.0 coming after the European big clubs had a meeting in spring which was supposed to have been organised by Barcelona and the mouthy La Liga boss who were smarting over losing Neymar.

Basically a meeting how to curb the spending power of City and PSG and they will be a limit net spend of £100 million NET,stop clubs (Chelsea) hoarding young players by abusing the loan system and having squads of 25 players over 21 years old.

That’s interesting, I wonder if this is one of the reasons why city have bought teams in the US and Australia, so they can stockpile players, but keep them off the books, I think they also “invest” in teams in Uruguay and Japan

I had a joke about it this morning but I'm not getting carried away; I think people are putting 2 and 2 together and hoping for a positive outcome ha. No point in getting excited until he's tickling DBB under the boardroom table.

Usmanov isn't coming here. He'll take his money somewhere where he is solely in charge with no other large investors....

I'm hoping this is an incorrect prediction (again). Please let me be vaulted. Please let me be vaulted. Please let me be vaulted..

He could buy every share at Everton if he wanted to. He’d have a controlling stake even if Moshiri wouldn’t sell him his shares. They are so close anyway that Moshiri retaining a holding would not be an issue.

If only there was a football club where he had a friend/business partner with an agreed 51% majority ownership available.

Doesn't seem likely to me that Usmanov would take over until the stadium is at least started upon.

The council funding would surely be contingent on not having an extreme high net-worth individual owning the club, that could fund such themselves. As to the ignorant and uninformed, this is 'taxpayers' money after all.

That said, once that could be overcome, I don't see any logical reason why Usmanov would now not invest in Everton. Unless this idea of leveraging the exposure to the PL between Moshiri and himself makes more sense. I don't think it does.

We have been stood in line as the next best/most attractive investment opportunity outside the top six. Certainly amongst the cheapest excluding the stadium which is why its critical we get the funding before any other developments, not after.

Honestly never realised that so many of our fans are tin foil hat wearers.

Honest to God, if a journalist writes an article suggesting the takeover scenario you've imagined in your head with no evidence to support it actually isn't happening, it's likely to be because that's what they believe/have been told, not because they want to keep Everton downtrodden, you bad, bad weirdos. Writing an article saying it's not happening isn't going to stop it from happening is it? So saying stuff like 'they don't want us to have nice things' and 'they're scared of us getting good' is nonsensical as well as incredibly cringeworthy.

The people saying he's not coming and is going to invest elsewhere may be correct, but they know nothing. Usmonov said he wouldn't sell his shares to Kronke. He eventually sold. If a spokesman says Usmonov is not interested in Everton, it doesn't mean anything

Doesn't seem likely to me that Usmanov would take over until the stadium is at least started upon.

The council funding would surely be contingent on not having an extreme high net-worth individual owning the club, that could fund such themselves. As to the ignorant and uninformed, this is 'taxpayers' money after all.

That said, once that could be overcome, I don't see any logical reason why Usmanov would now not invest in Everton. Unless this idea of leveraging the exposure to the PL between Moshiri and himself makes more sense. I don't think it does.

We have been stood in line as the next best/most attractive investment opportunity outside the top six. Certainly amongst the cheapest excluding the stadium which is why its critical we get the funding before any other developments, not after.

There is an agreement in place, however, for the Monaco-based businessman to increase his stake over time and become the majority owner

Recall reports in either the guardian or times a while back mentioning that agreement could be stadium dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.