Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Bascombe’s edited his article, and surprise surprise, it’s disappointing news for us

The indications from the close to Usmanov, however, suggest he is more likely to look at other Premier League or European clubs rather than switch his attention to Goodison Park.

That will disappoint Everton fans, who have noted Usmanov’s business and personal relationship with Goodison’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri

Newcastle it is then!

Just spotted that:

The indications from the close to Usmanov, however, suggest he is more likely to look at other Premier League or European clubs rather than switch his attention to Goodison Park.

That will disappoint Everton fans, who have noted Usmanov’s business and personal relationship with Goodison’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri.

However, I don't really see who he would go for ahead of us given the links he has with Everton already. Who would the 'other' Premier League clubs be?
West Ham would make an irritating amount of sense given their sudden largesse

Can you smell their fear? How quickly they all scramble together to kill any talk of Usmanov coming here, when even a child could see the path he was taking with Moshiri.

In business it's very difficult to find a partner you can trust, that you enjoy working with. He wouldn't have been sponsoring us at FF if he wasn't coming here. Yeah, we are his second choice but that benefits us. He will be looking to make us the best in the league.

I never thought I'd live long enough to see this happen, yeah football is awash with money and it's terrible but if you can't beat them, join them.

Can you smell their fear? How quickly they all scramble together to kill any talk of Usmanov coming here, when even a child could see the path he was taking with Moshiri.

In business it's very difficult to find a partner you can trust, that you enjoy working with. He wouldn't have been sponsoring us at FF if he wasn't coming here. Yeah, we are his second choice but that benefits us. He will be looking to make us the best in the league.

I never thought I'd live long enough to see this happen, yeah football is awash with money and it's terrible but if you can't beat them, join them.
This a billion times! hold on your undies lads we're gonna go full frontal windmill central soon..........

That will disappoint Everton fans, who have noted Usmanov’s business and personal relationship with Goodison’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri

Newcastle it is then!
Won't be Newcastle, it is a well known fact that that Mr Usmanov is a lover of horses.

Newcastle it is then!
There is very little love for us in the national media (or local to be fair) so uninformed speculation about Usmanov's potential future investments are obviously going to be 100% negative spin of him ending up here...

100 per cent. For the period he has held his Arsenal shares, he has had no material influence and couldn't then impact Mosh's investment valuation in terms of his EFC shares. His circumstances now change where he cashes out Arsenal and invests in Newcastle/West Ham (for example). Suddenly his investment is swimming in the same circles in terms of stage of development as his erstwhile business partner Mosh, competing for the same level of players, commercial deals, stadium naming rights targets. They would now be in direct commercial competition (wasn't the case at Arsenal as (a) he had no control and (b) they are in a different space to us commercially given their location and related clout). And they have worked together on common interests for the previous 30+ years? And suddenly they would be, financially, at odds and where realistically Usmanov has the clout to wipe out Mosh where needed? Why?

Not seeing it. The only club he is now likely to invest in the EPL is us. He may well choose to go abroad but between Brexit (his being a UK citizen) and geopolitics with respect to Russia, I only see EFC as the likely destination of his largesse. Alternatively, he may be done with direct ownership of football clubs period.

At a minimum, assuming he takes the no further direct club ownership route, I think Mosh has an alternative financing source now nailed for BMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.