Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Sometimes this site is the definition of the saying "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"!

People caning Mosh because he hasnt spent half his fortune on the ground and on buying twenty £50m players :) I don't ever recall Moshiri saying he would personally fund a ground, i dont recall him ever saying how much money he would put into the pot for players? Other people have said stuff, not him, so far as I am aware, yet he is a liar and a fraud?? Haha!

Dave, for pity sake... calling Farhad Moshiri a no mark owner is bang out of order in my opinion.

We've been down this road so many times it's getting ever more tedious.

He's financed the disposal of a failed managerial regime...
He's financed the acquisition of a new manager and DoF...
He's cleared the clubs bank debts...
He's financed a number of player acquisitions...
He's financed the re-decoration of Goodison that everybody seems to enjoy looking at...
He's overseen the freezing and in some cases reduction in ticket prices...
He's behind the re-energising of a fan base...
He's re-structuring the club on the commercial front...
He's attracted new sponsorship...
He's been at the heart of negotiating and procuring the perfect site for a new stadium...
He's structured a deal that will see external finance responsible for the construction of said stadium, leaving his own personal fortune available for squad strengthening - this isn't me speculating, it's a widely held belief...
He's rubber-stamped the future of Goodison as a Legacy Project rather than taking an easy £6-10 million from a housing developer or supermarket chain...

If all of this and no doubt more qualifies Farhad Moshiri as a no mark owner in your eyes, then maybe you need to pay a visit to an optician for a serious optical examination.

Enjoy your weekend.
Ok, but apart from that, what has he even done for us... lol

Last edited:
Good morning Dave, you seem very fond of poking scepticism, cynicism and any other negative ism you can in the general direction of Farhad Moshiri... despite him being largely nay, almost entirely responsible for the fairly extensive list of things I outlined earlier and that quite a number of other members seemed to agree with.

So, let me now pose you a question... Whilst you continually doubt his modus operandi and indeed his aims, be they short, medium or long term... you infer that at some point he'll cut and run, leaving Everton like a beached whale on the riverfront, surely there are more serious questions to be asked of others.

Isn't the real question not why Farhad Moshiri is not providing further funding on top of his initial £80 million interest free loan, but... why the other major shareholders have never contributed or offered anything even in the wake of receiving his cash in the wake of his acquisition of 49.9% of the club?

Instead of constantly attacking and indeed insulting the man, try thinking about and asking questions of the others who stand to ride along on his shirt tails having stood dormant for do long awaiting someone exactly like Farhad Moshiri who IS prepared to invest.
Its beggars belief that anyone (even Dave) is trying to find flaws in what he is doing, after what we have been served up for the past 2 decades!!!

So Moshiri comes in buys shares and throws £80 million to clear the debt. Starts to get the finance together, to build a stadium on the Mersey, that will be a separate entity to Everton FC, so we are not saddled with any debt/cost if it goes belly up. We build the stadium and pay something every year to the council. Then Moshiri sells at a very handsome profit, as business people do but we have our brand new stadium. I don't care if Moshiri looks at us as a bit of a cash cow further down the line. At the moment I can't see what the problem is. It seems like a win/win to me. The only spanner in the works I see, is if the Sky money goes pear shaped.

Read the documentation on penalties concerning default....and when you do try and envisage a world where nothing stands still.

You'd have to be Stevie Wonder not to see the inherent potential dangers in this proposed deal...to EFC that is, not a very crafty Moshiri.

Stevie is literally blind but I imagine he would understand the documentation for this deal as well as most.

Sometimes this site is the definition of the saying "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"!

People caning Mosh because he hasnt spent half his fortune on the ground and on buying twenty £50m players :) I don't ever recall Moshiri saying he would personally fund a ground, i dont recall him ever saying how much money he would put into the pot for players? Other people have said stuff, not him, so far as I am aware, yet he is a liar and a fraud?? Haha!

Billionaires tend to be smart.

Good morning Dave, you seem very fond of poking scepticism, cynicism and any other negative ism you can in the general direction of Farhad Moshiri... despite him being largely nay, almost entirely responsible for the fairly extensive list of things I outlined earlier and that quite a number of other members seemed to agree with.

So, let me now pose you a question... Whilst you continually doubt his modus operandi and indeed his aims, be they short, medium or long term... you infer that at some point he'll cut and run, leaving Everton like a beached whale on the riverfront, surely there are more serious questions to be asked of others.

Isn't the real question not why Farhad Moshiri is not providing further funding on top of his initial £80 million interest free loan, but... why the other major shareholders have never contributed or offered anything even in the wake of receiving his cash in the wake of his acquisition of 49.9% of the club?

Instead of constantly attacking and indeed insulting the man, try thinking about and asking questions of the others who stand to ride along on his shirt tails having stood dormant for do long awaiting someone exactly like Farhad Moshiri who IS prepared to invest.
Everyone should be sceptical of football club owners - isn't that the lesson of history? The amount of horror stories that have occurred as a result of greedy or malicious governance are there for all to learn from. It's our duty to critique every move. I put it to you that if we saw someone at another club - a billionaire owner - doing what Moshiri is doing in fire-walling himself from any liability from a stadium build and rather exposing their club's revenue for decades in order to get a stadium built - you and others would take a sideways look at it and at the very least state your reservations. I dont care how clever the structure f the deal is, things can and do go wrong. The football bubble is somehow seen as one that can keep on defying the rules of the game and grow exponentially in perpetuity, but it cant. And neither can clubs guarantee that even if it did then it will have its snout in the trough of it.

As for the rest of the shareholders: what's the point of asking questions of them (or shall I say 'more questions')? We know what they are - unfit to govern in every single way (retained by Moshiri and even promoted, btw), so it's like barking at the moon having a go at them. But Moshiri is in charge now. He's been credited with every major move thats happened since he arrived so he carries the weight of this one too.

Bottom line is that we need to remain vigilant, not hand a blank cheque of goodwill to a man we really know next to nothing of in terms of his real intentions with EFC.

Love that, that is exactly right, I think people forget he is a majority shareholder not a complete owner, he's doing all the hard work that the inept bill was unable to do, why should he pump all his own money in aswell while others sit back and take credit
he's got options on most of the rest if the shares, I'm sure of it. the 49.9% is just a legal or accounting trick i guess.

So Moshiri comes in buys shares and throws £80 million to clear the debt. Starts to get the finance together, to build a stadium on the Mersey, that will be a separate entity to Everton FC, so we are not saddled with any debt/cost if it goes belly up. We build the stadium and pay something every year to the council. Then Moshiri sells at a very handsome profit, as business people do but we have our brand new stadium. I don't care if Moshiri looks at us as a bit of a cash cow further down the line. At the moment I can't see what the problem is. It seems like a win/win to me. The only spanner in the works I see, is if the Sky money goes pear shaped.

And let's be honest, if the TV money goes away then pretty much every team in the league will be screwed!

Everyone should be sceptical of football club owners - isn't that the lesson of history? The amount of horror stories that have occurred as a result of greedy or malicious governance are there for all to learn from. It's our duty to critique every move. I put it to you that if we saw someone at another club - a billionaire owner - doing what Moshiri is doing in fire-walling himself from any liability from a stadium build and rather exposing their club's revenue for decades in order to get a stadium built - you and others would take a sideways look at it and at the very least state your reservations. I dont care how clever the structure f the deal is, things can and do go wrong. The football bubble is somehow seen as one that can keep on defying the rules of the game and grow exponentially in perpetuity, but it cant. And neither can clubs guarantee that even if it did then it will have its snout in the trough of it.

As for the rest of the shareholders: what's the point of asking questions of them (or shall I say 'more questions')? We know what they are - unfit to govern in every single way (retained by Moshiri and even promoted, btw), so it's like barking at the moon having a go at them. But Moshiri is in charge now. He's been credited with every major move thats happened since he arrived so he carries the weight of this one too.

Bottom line is that we need to remain vigilant, not hand a blank cheque of goodwill to a man we really know next to nothing of in terms of his real intentions with EFC.

The only point i can make against that is the fact it's not his club, it's half his club. Just a part owner. So why would he plough in more money? He has paid off the debt freeing us from 5-7 million pounds of wasted interest payments every year. (This is 'bad' debt)

Look it this way 3 of us start a business, but me and a n other want you to bank roll everything even though any returns/profits still get equally divvied out.

Don't think you'd like that scenario. We can only tell how he is if he gains total ownership of the club. You never know if he does he may settle the stadium loan, but if you can finance for 1 point something percent why would you? He would be much better off investing that money in something that gives a better return.

The new stadium will pay for itself, 20k extra seats sold at £35 a pop (remember the new premium offsets cheaper tickets) will generate 13.3m a year with no cup games, not including naming rights, or the extra benefits from a prime location (tours etc.) As years pass ticket prices increase making it more affordable just like when buying a house, salary increases means repayments as a percentage of income come down.

In 20 odd years time inflation dictates the cost of building a new stadium might stand around 600/700 million plus and we will by then owe around 200 million. We do not need champions league to afford this we could carry on like we have always and still be ok.

The small risk is well worth it. Trust the Mosh mate until he gives you a reason not to.

Well said Andy