Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
When he originally bought his stake it was widely reported that the agreement to buy up the remaining shares of the other 3 main shareholders had caveats before that could occur.

With the stadium solution being one of them, so he's not ignored an option to buy a larger stake at all.

I think who pays for what and how has been already clearly explained. You might have a point on the costings though, albeit I think £500m is over stating it
There equally were 'reports' that his best interests were served by not buying more than 49% at this stage.

"Got us the new ground". Erm...

And I have no regard for BK whatsoever, but the Kirkby stadium plan was only stopped through the secretary of state rejecting it. So a little bit further down the line than this present plan.
This plan has got full local political support and is highly unlikely to be called in, due to the fact that it's part of a massive regeneration project

Not bad in 12 months.....Kenwright hadn't even sorted the funding for Kirkby btw

"Got us the new ground". Erm...

And I have no regard for BK whatsoever, but the Kirkby stadium plan was only stopped through the secretary of state rejecting it. So a little bit further down the line than this present plan.

Dave... I know this is a forum, I know people have differing opionions on all sorts of things... and I know that I really struggle to see other people's point of view sometimes.

But

I really don't see how any sane human being can prefer bobby to koeman... bill to mosh... and literally pick the negatives out of any good news or situation while also highlighting the good points of bad situations ... I just never get your point of view. Not having a go just pointing out that I honestly cannot see how you come to your opionions .

Moshiri is a sophisticated operator, the deal he has designed is clever and mitigates risk for him, anyone in his shoes would do the same if they had the nouse and the money. The age of the Bill Kenwright's and Steve Gibson's is at an end at this level, like it or not (and I personally don't) the game is more business than sport now and if we are to compete we need a smart cookie at the helm.
He's the smartest bear in the room alright. He's leveraged hundreds of millions and everyone seems to be thanking him for it. Now THAT is genius.

Dave... I know this is a forum, I know people have differing opionions on all sorts of things... and I know that I really struggle to see other people's point of view sometimes.

But

I really don't see how any sane human being can prefer bobby to koeman... bill to mosh... and literally pick the negatives out of any good news or situation while also highlighting the good points of bad situations ... I just never get your point of view. Not having a go just pointing out that I honestly cannot see how you come to your opionions .
Who's saying a prefer BK to anyone? How did you deduce that? Certainly not from the hundreds of posts attacking Kenwright I've made.

People want to do the Rafatollah with Moshiri, I guess it's only right we have others who urge caution and tack in the other direction. That might bring some balanced debate about, mightn't it? Or should we all tell him that he's doing a great job when he's done zip?
lol ...but you tack all over the shop. I enjoy the odd capsize, hence I enjoy your wild jibes.
Never change mate

This plan has got full local political support and is highly unlikely to be called in, due to the fact that it's part of a massive regeneration project

Not bad in 12 months.....Kenwright hadn't even sorted the funding for Kirkby btw
As did the KD, and that went west on matters of the club not being in control of its own finances and destiny...obviously that doesn't apply now with the BMD scheme....hold on....

If there's an accusation that Moshiri is here to make money and cut and run, that doesn't really line up with another accusation that he's protecting himself from the stadium debt, by leaving Everton at risk.

If the stadium debt put Everton in trouble, that directly affects Moshiri's investment in EFC via share value and potential profits, as he owns 50% of the club, which will likely increase when (if) he exercises the share purchase option he has.

It's really not in his interest to put EFC at risk, as he'll end up out of pocket, via the £160m (excluding transfer money) he's already put into the club, in his first year.

As did the KD, and that went west on matters of the club not being in control of its own finances and destiny...obviously that doesn't apply now with the BMD scheme....hold on....
Kirkby only had political support in Knowsley. It had strong opposition from the off, from Liverpool and notably the landed gentry who own L1.

It's failure had nothing to do with the club not being in control of its destiny and finances, you've just made that up....

But he's had the option to own more of the club than he does now, so the analogy is bogus.

As for the cost for this stadium: it looks unrealistically low at £350M. I'd expect the cost of any state of the art stadium in a challenging location like that to come in no cheaper than £500M.

Let's face it, although the plan hasn't exactly been done on the back of a beer mat, there is a lot of the Pollyanna about how this scheme rolls out - not least around costs and who pays and how they pay.
Could be if there's an over-run...and there usually is, that will be where the 'Billionaire' bit becomes relevant, that and the 'Accountant' bit too...Oh and the 'got rich mates with dosh coming out the wazoo' bit
Maybe even the 'We all know a certain Russian (with or without snow on his boots) nudge-nudge, wink-wink, know what I mean squire' bit.

I think there was room on the back of the bear mat for a heading marked 'Contingency'

Last edited:
No it went west because we couldn't raise the 30mill... but it's ok don't let facts get in the way of your obsessive compulsive agenda.

People want to do the Rafatollah with Moshiri, I guess it's only right we have others who urge caution and tack in the other direction. That might bring some balanced debate about, mightn't it? Or should we all tell him that he's doing a great job when he's done zip?
Where do you see Everton FC in 3 years time under this regime on and off the field?
Where could you see Everton FC in 3 years time under the last regime on and off the field?