Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
As said, anyone who thinks the funding plan being proposed is bomb proof and wont endanger the club's future in any way over the next 4 decades then good luck to them. IMO, that's something that can't be guaranteed and we need the club's assets to be back under full control and out of the grasp of other institutions ASAP.

Let's put it this way, when Moshiri is well gone from Everton future generations of this club will still be living with the deal he struck. A sobering thought.

Yes but Dave, what funding is ever bomb proof? For the past how long we have been in hock to the banks and they would default us if we didnt pay them back? Even if Moshiri had paid for th eground out of his own pocket, there would have been all manner of legal clauses ensuring he got his wedge back? And in all honesty, which of us (and I inlcude ManU, Chelsea, Man City etc,) can guarantee anything whatsoever 4 decades from now?

As far as I am aware, the last genuine 'benefactor' was Blackburn Jack, since then new owners have at best given clubs low interest loans and at worst offloaded all there debt onto the club a la ManU. This deal is acceptable given our circumstances and providedtelevised football is still popular, we should never default on loan paymenst as any sensible acccountant would make sure that was paid as soon as the cheque from Sky came though the letterbox!

Lets be honest tho really, who honestly cares whos paying for it?

I couldnt care less personally.

Indeed. We never used to query how the clubs owners financed improvements to the ground, because they were able to either self finance or get sensible loans. Kenwright could do neither and the club would always have been paying over the odds for money. We have changed back to having people with access to money, like we did in the 60's. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.......

I don't know the answer to that mate. I'm a simple person. I was just told when he tipped up that Moshiri was "brewstered" and our problems were over. Now I see the reality: a billionaire who doesn't use his cash but encourages others to pick up the tab. Institutional investors, the club, the council...all significant players in his game but he's got no skin in it himself.

It doesn't look like he will be spending vast amounts from his personal pot to be honest. But by paying the debts he has saving us money to be spent elsewhere, he like the council are facilitating.

Now that might sound like a damp squid, but it's not as bad as it sounds. (Believe it or not) By living within our means we have no cliff to fall off, you could just imagine Chelsea a while back if old Roman decided to pack it in. They could easily have done a Portsmouth.

It's not exciting granted but we were never going to do a Man City due to the new rules to stop that happening. A well run club can still be successful, i believe this is the way we are heading down.

We will invest in youth in the hope the profit when it comes to sell them will increase our turnover and the new stadium does likewise. We've started increasing sponsorship and awareness, it's not all doom and gloom as we will be spending more than we have in the past.

the blokes chucked £80m of his OWN coin in our club to clear someone elses debt off and people are scoffing at it...
No mate, not people, person - singular

Without clearing the loans and thus removing the securitisation on Goodison, together with freeing up the £6m a year we were paying to service them- there'd be no possibility of Bramley Moore, simple as.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back in the world of speculation regarding FM future events thread.

I wonder when the options will be exercised and if in close order there will be an underwritten rights issue?

Hopefully both will happen and in a relatively short time-span.

Just a couple of thoughts on past events/non-events.

Could BK have raised the money necessary to satisfy the Pru loan thereby enabling any ground move?

Had BK reached the end of the line by increasing the short term borrowings to 35mil with no improvement seen in league position? In short, was he in a position where he was almost forced to sell or watch us decline even further?

Or perhaps that's for another thread.

"Koeman will demand the £100million war-chest to rebuild Everton if Lukaku and Barkley leave the Toffees this summer."
This from the same publication that, just over a year ago was leading the field, in telling us we had a massive war chest not dependant on sales for summer 2016. I don't see any paper running with that now.
I've no doubt that without Mosh we wouldn't have RK, SW or agreement on a deal to buy BMD so I'm profoundly grateful.
I do feel we've been blagged somewhat on the budget though. £60m bid on Koulibaly? Sure.
Can't blame Rom. Without investment in better players we're not gonna really challenge but ok maybe, over several seasons, SW can build something on a budget again.

"Koeman will demand the £100million war-chest to rebuild Everton if Lukaku and Barkley leave the Toffees this summer."
This from the same publication that, just over a year ago was leading the field, in telling us we had a massive war chest not dependant on sales for summer 2016. I don't see any paper running with that now.
I've no doubt that without Mosh we wouldn't have RK, SW or agreement on a deal to buy BMD so I'm profoundly grateful.
I do feel we've been blagged somewhat on the budget though. £60m bid on Koulibaly? Sure.
Can't blame Rom. Without investment in better players we're not gonna really challenge but ok maybe, over several seasons, SW can build something on a budget again.

Or maybe the club have learned their lesson that broadcasting how much you're going to spend doesn't give you any advantage in the transfer market.

As said, anyone who thinks the funding plan being proposed is bomb proof and wont endanger the club's future in any way over the next 4 decades then good luck to them. IMO, that's something that can't be guaranteed and we need the club's assets to be back under full control and out of the grasp of other institutions ASAP.

Let's put it this way, when Moshiri is well gone from Everton future generations of this club will still be living with the deal he struck. A sobering thought.

Good morning Dave, you seem very fond of poking scepticism, cynicism and any other negative ism you can in the general direction of Farhad Moshiri... despite him being largely nay, almost entirely responsible for the fairly extensive list of things I outlined earlier and that quite a number of other members seemed to agree with.

So, let me now pose you a question... Whilst you continually doubt his modus operandi and indeed his aims, be they short, medium or long term... you infer that at some point he'll cut and run, leaving Everton like a beached whale on the riverfront, surely there are more serious questions to be asked of others.

Isn't the real question not why Farhad Moshiri is not providing further funding on top of his initial £80 million interest free loan, but... why the other major shareholders have never contributed or offered anything even in the wake of receiving his cash in the wake of his acquisition of 49.9% of the club?

Instead of constantly attacking and indeed insulting the man, try thinking about and asking questions of the others who stand to ride along on his shirt tails having stood dormant for do long awaiting someone exactly like Farhad Moshiri who IS prepared to invest.