Southampton v Everton. 20th Dec at 15.00.

What do you want for Chrimbo this year?

• Millenium Falcon

Votes: 59 21.9%
  • Adidas Kick

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Operation Board Game

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • An Everton win

Votes: 186 69.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman got his tactics spot on today - used his forwards to press us high and kept his defenders deep so there was no space to run into.

Martinez got his selection badly wrong - like most I was pissed off seeing a badly unbalanced side - but what was unforgivable was not changing a thing when it was obviously not working.
I think they're the same tactics every team has played against us since Pulis showed them the way last season.

perhaps he didn't make any subs because none of the players there were good enough to do anything?

speaks volumes of the players there when none of them are considered worthy of a chance to try and change the game

Had enough of this [Poor language removed] towards Lukaku. Every game now cos he hasn't scored. Can't [Poor language removed] score if you don't [Poor language removed] pass to him.

He's 21. He's not Strac or James Beattie or Marcus Bent, he's completely different. Get off his back and get on the back of players who don't give him a chance to do his job. He's not going to run around, get over it, he's a finisher. In fact, he's covered more yards than Naismith this season so take that and think about.

We're [Poor language removed] today, no doubts about it. We move on. We take the losses and wins. People acting like we're still playing under Smith or Moyes or Mike Walker, we're not. We'll get there, we might be [Poor language removed] for 3/4 months but we'll get there. This gaffer is the man. This squad has not become a relegation side overnight. Get on with it and back the lads Friday.

Which is why I am as much baffled as furious. That was one, (of many), traits last season that we admired about him. It was obvious that it was crap at HT, and nothing was done.

Or maybe I know jack about football.
That has me stumped too. We didn't even need to make subs, he could have just tried Barkley as the ACM. or shifted into a 433 which he's used before both this season and last with good effect.

But he didn't try anything which worries me.

That has me stumped too. We didn't even need to make subs, he could have just tried Barkley as the ACM. or shifted into a 433 which he's used before both this season and last with good effect.

But he didn't try anything which worries me.

I'm assuming his logic was that they got a goal through a lucky own goal so little had to be done

of course the problem is once they got the goal they sat and countered to good effect and that lad reed in the centre (or isgrove? not sure) was very good as was alderweild

I'm assuming his logic was that they got a goal through a lucky own goal so little had to be done

of course the problem is once they got the goal they sat and countered to good effect and that lad reed in the centre (or isgrove? not sure) was very good as was alderweild
And I can kind of understand that although they did deserve a penalty so in a way that cancels out any thoughts we were unlucky with an own goal.

But after we failed to equalise in the good spell after the break thought he would be looking to make changes and expecially when we went two down.

Status
Not open for further replies.