Southampton v Everton. 20th Dec at 15.00.

What do you want for Chrimbo this year?

• Millenium Falcon

Votes: 59 21.9%
  • Adidas Kick

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Operation Board Game

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • An Everton win

Votes: 186 69.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was just so predictable, injury to one winger = EXCUSE TO PLAY ZE BUM BOYS! shove eto'o (who offers less than mcgeady out wide) and stick barkley out wide to shove either barry or Naismith into the side.

all we do is flood the midfield where we get penned in and have to play it back to the defence as we have no options out wide. Absolute comical from Martinez that's why I want him out, its not just the results its the clear as day cock ups that are not being rectified.

Even though the reaction is justified and understandable given the lack of performance today, but those calling for Martinez's head need to get some perspective. I've been the first one to bemoan Martinez's team selections and his inability to change formation but to actively want him out after our first real bad run under Martinez is a step too far, albeit he was always going to come under pressure after these performances and being far too stubborn with plans that didn't work. However, look at all the past seasons where we had started much worse than this and gone on to mount a challenge, the season isn't over in December, the table isn't decided until May. We need a serious turnaround and I pray that it does happen but the best thing to do is to try and help the team out of this dip in form. Going to the match and booing will never be the answer, the team is surely lacking in confidence and creating a hostile atmosphere for our own players and not the opposition is exactly what the players won't need. Moan all you want about this performance against Southampton because the manager and squad deserve it, after the game. But I don't think anyone should go to Goodison on Friday with the intention to do anything but support the team. It's a bit embarrassing that our great club is descending into madness after a poor run, every team goes through it. We'll be back, he'll sort it out sooner or later.

Traditionally his sides have played better has the season goes on and peak around March-April. I hope this is the case and a player or 2 to step up.

That's absolutely shocking. No attempt to change the game, and surely subs are even more needed when we have a quick succession of games coming up? Weird.

To be fair mate he did let Barkley go behind Lukaku and Eto'o move left wing for about 10 minutes or so... lol

I think it's time to play at least 2 of Browning, Stones and Garbutt. All of them look more comfortable on the ball and frankly they can't defend any worse.
Just play someone who can run, We look like average Joes Dodgeball team in their first practice session . press the f******g ball

That's absolutely shocking. No attempt to change the game, and surely subs are even more needed when we have a quick succession of games coming up? Weird.

Which is why I am as much baffled as furious. That was one, (of many), traits last season that we admired about him. It was obvious that it was crap at HT, and nothing was done.

Or maybe I know jack about football.

if you rewing back this thread to 2.30pm and see how many people weren't happy with the team - tells you how badly wrong martinez got it today

Which is why I am as much baffled as furious. That was one, (of many), traits last season that we admired about him. It was obvious that it was crap at HT, and nothing was done.

Or maybe I know jack about football.

He knows a lot more about football than any of us but you do have to question decisions like that, and many others this season. Nothing he tries seems to be working.

Just play someone who can run, We look like average Joes Dodgeball team in their first practice session . press the f******g ball
And have all season. The first thing I thought when seeing the team against Hull was at least we had two centre midfielders who had legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.