Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But was what we saw last year in glimpses that football?
Same side, same manager. Low on confidence and struggling to put out a consistent side with key players coming in and out. Makes it hard for a team and for individuals to find form. This year in isolation makes it hard to have faith in the team. What we saw last year makes it worth persisting. Its also worth bearing in mind we aren't too far off the top four. String a run of results together and we'll be looking much better in the league. Scrappy or not, the squad just needs to find confidence and its feet again. Booing the team certainly won't help that.

You're right about the booing, but the football we're playing this season is a million miles from what we were playing last season. We're completely devoid of ideas in the attacking third, and are relying on indivual moments of magic like Barkley last night to break teams down. Against Hull, we didn't create a single chance after we went a goal up. That is absolutely a cause for concern

If you pay your money to get in you can do what you like (within reason of course!).

Some of those free kicks that ended up back with Howard were beyond anything I've ever seen!

Would I boo? Probably not.

But if others want to they can if they feel the need. You can't go round telling people what to do and what not to do.

I think Booing is not the worst thing in the world.

The players know they should be going forward so the fans not happy with back passes constantly is understandable, you dont win with a backpass. Perhaps Martinez will pick up on this and perhaps work on how to prevent that in the future?

Whether I agree or disagree I'm not going to tell a person who spends their well earned money how to behave, it's up to them.
Aye. And people are entitled to behave how they want to at the match. But it's my opinion that the team needs support more than boos and so I've shared that opinion on a public forum.

Aye. And people are entitled to behave how they want to at the match. But it's my opinion that the team needs support more than boos and so I've shared my opinion on that on a public forum.

You can easily flip your argument though mate.

It's the players (and management) responsibility to ensure the crowd has nothing to boo.

Yes last night was a little silly booing when keeping possession with a 3-1 lead, but I can understand the frustration. It had built up through the match.

It's not just the booing fans at fault. The team need a kick up the arse too.

It's the players (and management) responsibility to ensure the crowd has nothing to boo.

Yes last night was a little silly booing when keeping possession with a 3-1 lead, but I can understand the frustration. It had built up through the match.

Nice gambit there.

Dont have a problem anyone passing back to Howard in the closing stages of a game to see it out.
But from a free kick in the oppositions half it ends up at our keepers feet, seriously needs sorting.
Still no need for the booing....I can honestly say ive never never booed any Everton side....& ive seen some bad ones.

Aye. And people are entitled to behave how they want to at the match. But it's my opinion that the team needs support more than boos and so I've shared that opinion on a public forum.
We do support our team, but we have gone from the high of Wolfsburg to this through the shear tedium of watching how we play. One of the biggest shouts at a game now is "turn", because so much of our play is passing the ball back in the direction it came from, without any appreciation of what is on. Players who could change this aren't: McGeedy (not good enough), Pienarr (?), so we are reliant on Mirallas and Barkley for any entertainment.
There was no excuse last night for turning attack into defence and there was plenty of excuse for the booing. Sometimes the players and management need reminding of our expectations. I don't think i have ever come away from a 3:1 result so underwhelmed.

not booing the player per se. booing the tactic of playing the ball backwards at freekicks in the opponents half.

I dont like it but I dont think it is at the players, it is at RM's tactics / style of play at particular points

Thhis ffs. No one booing players. Booing RM's insistance with playing back to goal when in attacking positions even when we are losing. The fans have had enough of it. Where are the runners? Where are the through balls? Where is the cross? No, just play back and be safe and lose points.

The style of play isn't anything to do with players confidence, it's the manager who is telling them what to do.
Currently it's just not enjoyable to watch and there hasn't been many games this season when we have been entertained. Why in gods name do we pass it back when we have a free kick in the opposition half, why do we take so many short free kicks and put ourselves under pressure?
Only the manager knows why and you can tell that some of the players don't like what they are doing.
Yes we won last night, but god it's boring to watch and ultimately we pay our money to be entertained.
If we had played a half decent side last night, we would have struggled again.

I'm not denying the team has been crap. They have been. They haven't reached the heights they have last year.
And certainly if we have ambitions as a football club, the performances we have produced haven't been in the range of acceptable. Nor is it acceptable if these performances continue. The players know that the performances and results haven't been good enough. Baines came out and acknowledged that after the Hull game where there was booing.

As for the players and management taking responsibility, that is also true.

But in this case in my opinion the booing was uncalled for. We won and were winning comfortably. This is my opinion. Not a fact. Not right or wrong nor truth or fiction. Feel free to disagree with it. But you can't disagree with me sharing my opinion on a public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.