Booing the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh a lot of the crowd were winding me up last night. I sit in the main stand and yes I become as frustrated as anyone when we're slow. But Besic was superb last night, yet every time he got the ball someone was on his back, even though he had to bring it out of the back by himself because Distin had given it him in a dreadful place, or there was no movement ahead of him.

Stones needs to be back in on Saturday, as he's the only defender we have who is capable of getting up the pitch. Besic needs to remain in for me, with McCarthy coming back (hopefully). With Kev looking likely to miss the next few games, I'd probably look at starting Rom wide and Nessi in the middle, with Barks given a free role. Drop Barry into the middle.

But back to the point the crowd are becoming too easily frustrated at times. It's understandable, but we got the 3 points last night with a very inexperienced midfield pairing the stars of the show. It's our senior players letting us down atm.

Too Kopite, that.....it sounds ridiculous when they do it and I don't imagine it would sound any better coming from us.
I've been at games where we've done it - admittedly back in the day - and it's had a galvanising effect on the team. I assume booing is OK because its not "Kopite?

Rather than booing why not start a chant of "Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack". Same message but a more positive way of doing it. Would create a better atmosphere also.
And let's get the bloke on the tannoy to lead the chant, like they do at American stadia.

yeah totally against booing when we try to take the sting out of a game when we are 3-0 up. Show the players and managers tactics a bit more respect!

If the fans are said to be booing the players are they not by inference of this act booing Roberto? Do you think the inhappiness of the fans got through to him?

I'd rather we played like that and we won 3-1, than go gung ho and lost 6-3, or threw away a 2 goal lead.....sound familiar?

Last season against Newcastle we dominated first half went in 3-0, second half we came out the same way and let them back into the game, and nearly ended up with just a point.
This !

Just said this in another thread:

I had 4 mates text me last night telling me it was the quietest game of football they've ever watched on tele, apart from the boos.

Even when the goals went in everyone cheered, then sat down. Incredibly weird atmosphere last night.

My view on it, we've been treated to poor poor displays this season and yesterday people had had enough, even when we were 3 - 0 up, we were negative...we had a free kick, loaded the box and had only distin back...we passed BACKWARDS to Distin then BACKWARDS to Howard...when their box was full of our players!?!?!

That's just insane! Also over the past month i've seen Distin/Jags messing about and cocking it up to gift the opposition a goal, fans are sick to death of seeing it.

Howard totally lost it when the final boos came too, he started waving his hands as in "what do you want"

I'm really starting to believe now they're superstitious and every attack HAS to start with Distin.

Question for the boo haters...the people who weren't happy made their voices heard, if you were so happy with 3 0, why didn't you make your voice heard?

People have had enough?? We are playing low on confidence with some dumb mistakes/poor defending knovking us back down just as we look like we might get some wind in our sails.

We saw the same style last season but just faster and more precise which for me is lacking because of this inability to build up a run of form...again because of defending like we saw from tim/distin for the goal.

I can understand booing because youve watched years of exactly the same football under our ex and are sick and tired of it....or something like that...but booing last night was just plain idiotic and very indicative of the more common type of football fan aroubd these days. They want everything now and have no patience.

A team and manager that gave us a very good season just last season...and have us comfortably throughu to the next round of the Europa deserve much better than that nonsense last night.

If the fans are said to be booing the players are they not by inference of this act booing Roberto? Do you think the inhappiness of the fans got through to him?

Sky pressed him on it, but he brushed it off by saying the fans expect the best. Judging by that response I don't think he can see the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.