Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think he played as well against Lille as everyone seemed to be telling me, but tonight he was excellent. Generally, I am quite a harsh critic of the parts of his game that don't involving scoring goals but he started to make use of his strength tonight and that is good news.

I thought he was superb against Lille but that's the joy of togger, different opinions. What it looked like today was a kid who was feeling really sharp, had some confidence that he didn't need to just lay it off but could roll his man and then had the power to run at defences. Still lots more to come from him but I've said it before and I will say it again, if this kid hits top form we will absolutely destroy some sides coming up. He's just getting the bit between his teeth so I don't think anyone will be surprised to see him hit the back of the net Sunday.

Why do people over analyse him to feck? Ffs he's quality give credit where credit is due! If he was Naismith people would be ripping their cocks off over him

Tonight for me showed why we paid what we did for him. He was excellent. Hopefully he will get confidence from this and will become more consistent.

Tonight he was Everton too, never stopped and gave his all.

Can't remember who said it now but I remember someone saying, so long as you give everything you can on the pitch and work as hard as you can, even if things aren't going right, they'll love you here.

Naismith has proved it to be true.

The true value of Lukaku is this: when he finally got the ball under control and went in on the keeper did anyone really expect him to miss? No. Just because he's not fifa curling every shot into the top corner doesn't mean he isn't a great finisher. At times in the second half he'd made great runs and was screaming for the ball but it never arrived. Playing on the counter attack plays to his strengths perfectly. He's getting back to his best now. He had the touch, the power, the pace and the finishing tonight as well as the interplay and through balls that we were seeing last season v West Ham and Newcastle. The lad is quality and you only have to see our results last season without him to see how important he is.

Tonight for me showed why we paid what we did for him. He was excellent. Hopefully he will get confidence from this and will become more consistent.

Tonight he was Everton too, never stopped and gave his all.

Can't remember who said it now but I remember someone saying, so long as you give everything you can on the pitch and work as hard as you can, even if things aren't going right, they'll love you here.

Naismith has proved it to be true.

That's what I said to Hibbert and Osman in the Setter and Vine pub 10 years ago and luckily they heeded my advice. This is not a true story of course but I read that phrase this week and for the life of me can't remember who said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.