Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha great play from Rom today.

@streeky @NEC Hows ya like them apples
This game suited rom down to the ground. he played in a counter attack style against a team that let him turn and run at them. Great finish for the first, sublime ball for the second both goals made by leon osmans fine balls from deep in defence but we won't go there. Not sure about the apple reference can't quote on that sorry.

To be honest he was looking poor before his goal. After that though, a changed man. Was dominant in the 2nd half. Great assist for Kev, didn't think he had that in his locker.

Keep it up Lukaku, please. x
Actually that reverse through ball is one of his specialities. Remember the assist last season for Ross against Newcastle?

He's tried it loads since but it's always been cut out or played a bit too heavy.

My only issues with Rom are the inconsistency of his touch but given his size maybe that's not too surprising and the fact which is more annoying if defenders get tight to him he doesn't seem able to shield it after bringing it down. A man with his frame should really be able to hold them off better. Too many times they are able to nip infront.

However the latter will come in time, it's a learning process and the former while it may never be perfect will improve. When and if that happens we'll have as good as striker as there is in the world.

For all the talk he's the new Drogba, Drogba never had his goal scoring record.

I was about to fume when I thought he'd fumbled the ball from Mirallas's pass lol... did really well to recover, and when he's through on goal with space I'd put my house on him scoring.

We were are probably going "AHHH...he's lost it !!!!" before he recovered to score.

I thought he had blown his chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.