Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better. Decent slot, improved holding up the ball and bringing people into play and seemed much sharper with the ball at his feet. Better !!

Still cant head for crap though. Makes me howl at how he cant judge a header; he jumps for one and is always 2 yards away ha ha ha just heading oxygen.
I am of the opinion that the bang on his bonce at West Ham last season has put Lukaku off heading the ball.

I am of the opinion that the bang on his bonce at West Ham last season has put Lukaku off heading the ball.
Nah, I think he is actually alright at getting headers in the box, but when it's in the middle of the pitch and he has to look around for someone to head it to, hold off his man, and time his jump correctly from a standstill position he hasn't got it down. I can imagine being the size he was he never had to develop the last two of those skills as a youngster.

Thats what 28 million gets you. The guy is class.
Anyone who thinks he is over rated is just so hurt from years of dour football they dont recognise talent when they see it.

Well said the difference between us and wolfsburg Is our strikeforce.

It's what got liverpool 2nd last season

He was excellant last night but still very sloppy in the first half but I expect him to keep improving. Second half he was unplayable and the set up for Mirallis goal was unreal. Would love for him to be more of a bully and more aggressive as he would get the better of any centre back if he used his size more. Can see him getting 20+ in all comps this season.

Naldo and Knoche couldn't get close to the lad last night, for the first goal, Malanda was absolutely hilarious. Malanda isnt weak and Rom brushed him aside as if he's Leon Osman.

I don't think he played that well last night really. His goal was kind of his game in a nutshell. Very nearly blew the opportunity through poor touch, but was clinical with his finish. I think everyone can see how much potential he has, and his play to put Mirallas through was top notch, but his hold up play is often lacking still (for a guy of his size) and his touch still needs work.

He's only very young though still so I'm sure he's far from the finished article. Much like Barkley in that sense, but we've generally had to play Rom a lot more than we do Ross because there has historically been so few alternatives up front. Hopefully he'll be learning all the time from the way Eto'o plays.

He's still extremely sloppy when the ball is played to his feet. But once he starts running with the ball under control and he can be very dangerous. He had a very good game last night, but still has a long way to go.

We're seeing his hold-up play and first touch improving steadily over the course of the season. Are they great yet? No, and they may never be. But if he improves that aspect of his game enough to where he's simply above average and learns to use his size more, with his pace , size and clinicality, £28m will look a snip.

He was excellant last night but still very sloppy in the first half but I expect him to keep improving. Second half he was unplayable and the set up for Mirallis goal was unreal. Would love for him to be more of a bully and more aggressive as he would get the better of any centre back if he used his size more. Can see him getting 20+ in all comps this season.
He was excellent last night,though his ball control is still woefully below what I would expect from a 28m footballer,he took his goal well and seemed to build in confidence as the game went on,he really needs to look up when on the ball too but to be fair I thought he had a real decent game

Let's see how he does back in the tougher environment of the premier league Sunday

I thought his hold up play was good in the second half and his strength is awesome. This is a 20 year old kid we are talking about. I'll tell you something, I'll bet there aren't too many defenders in the prem who like playing against him.

I really do believe that in the fullness of time we will think he was well worth his fee. Looks unplayable at times

He was excellent last night,though his ball control is still woefully below what I would expect from a 28m footballer,he took his goal well and seemed to build in confidence as the game went on,he really needs to look up when on the ball too but to be fair I thought he had a real decent game

Let's see how he does back in the tougher environment of the premier league Sunday

This i dont get. He isnt a 28 million pound footballer. We only agreed to pay that in some deal that worked out cheap for us and because everytime chelsea asked for more money we were the only club that stayed in the hunt for his signature.

I look at his true value being that, and we have invested the money into the player he will be come rather than what he is now. for 28 you would expect better, but for a player his age, 28 is the value you want him to become.

In comparison to 18 for bony and that is inflated.

that run and pass was world class, not many strikers in the world could do that...looking forward to seeing him up against spurs defence on sunday...

If he could replicate that control and set up every week we'd lose him at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.