Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will go with Oviedo ahead of Garbutt even if Oviedo isn't fully fit. Bryan has played Carling cup games and reserve matches so it is not like he is on crutches.
Similar to the situation when Coleman was out, everyone was asking for Browning since Hibbert hadent played a game since 1922 but he went with Hibbert instead

Isn't a "Grade one" a tightening/pull?

I am not sure Meagher, just going by what I have suffered (and I have them all) I would say a tight hammy is when you feel the muscle stiffen suddenly and you may have some spasms, this causes small fibres to strain/break but you should be able to free it up in a week 10 days. Grade one if you get the tell tale needle sensation in the back of your hammy it's probably a 1. Grade 2 will make you pull up really sharply and the pain will be quite bad , but you should be able to walk of the pitch gingerly. grade 3 is Armageddon, you hit the deck like you have been shot with a 45, you sometimes check for an opponent because you are convinced someone just cut you in half. Definitely need help to leave the pitch.

I think he'll start against West Ham.

Roberto said McCarthy wasn't training with the team but didn't mention about Baines not training.

If he doesn't I'd go with Garbutt but I expect to see his name on the team sheet.

Roberto Martinez suggests that Tyias Browning or Luke Garbutt could be given a chance to play if Leighton Baines does not overcome his injury in time for Everton's match against West Ham United this weekend.
“It will be wrong for us to rush Bryan just because Leighton has got an injury,” Martinez said to Everton's official site. “Tyias Browning or Luke Garbutt, there could be an opportunity for a youngster who has been working hard in that department.
I have been impressed by Garbutt in the England U21.
However it is Browning for me, he has the pace to deal with West Hams very pacey winger, who looks a real handful.

Dinnery is usually pretty good with his injury info, his app premierinjuires provides the data for physioroom.

Hi LL just read Martinez injury update from a few hours ago. Looks like Bainsy will miss out but interesting news from Gareth Barry which we were discussing after his injury last weekend. Martinez is saying he is making remarkable progress and his experience of managing injuries is great and he will make a late decision on him. I think we were discussing that it looked a painful one but not necessarily a long injury and that he was probably carrying a slight tweak on that ankle anyway. MORE positive vibes heading out to Gareth.

Someone ask him about McCarthy and how long Barry is out for..
He has McCarthy down as 25% probable for West Ham and Barry as no return date. On the webcast yesterday Martinez said would be 2-3 weeks for Barry.

It is all guesswork though really. Not only is there the normal variation of how fast players make recoveries but Martinez isn't always truthful with his information.

He has McCarthy down as 25% probable for West Ham and Barry as no return date. On the webcast yesterday Martinez said would be 2-3 weeks for Barry.

It is all guesswork though really. Not only is there the normal variation of how fast players make recoveries but Martinez isn't always truthful with his information.
maybe he is trying to throw big sam off with his selection. You would have to be a clairvoyant to pick everton's starting 11 this week.

[QUOTE="streeky, post: 3154553, member: 25070"]maybe he is trying to throw big sam off with his selection. You would have to be a clairvoyant to pick everton's starting 11 this week.[/QUOTE]
And to be fair that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, they are a good team now and by making it unclear if barry/McCarthy/Baines will play makes him have to do at least a bit of contingency planning.

My guess is we won't see either Baines or McCarthy but honestly no clue on Barry. Injuries like his that are knocks are pretty difficult for an outsider to predict the recovery time for. Whereas a hamstring strain like Baines has is a common injury (as you know all too well yourself!) with a standard layoff time based on the grade.

And to be fair that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, they are a good team now and by making it unclear if barry/McCarthy/Baines will play makes him have to do at least a bit of contingency planning.

My guess is we won't see either Baines or McCarthy but honestly no clue on Barry. Injuries like his that are knocks are pretty difficult for an outsider to predict the recovery time for. Whereas a hamstring strain like Baines has is a common injury (as you know all too well yourself!) with a standard layoff time based on the grade
I was really hoping to watch ross tonight if he's selected but I'm not so sure now ,I don't think I can take another injury.
Look on the bright side - when both Naismith and Barkley pick up injuries we won't have the dilemma as to who plays central ;)

Look on the bright side - when both Naismith and Barkley pick up injuries we won't have the dilemma as to who plays central ;)
YEP, could be worse, could be a man u fan, if Rooney gets a knock tonight they may as well shut the place down last man out turn off the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.