Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point risking him in the hammers game, Garbutt deserves a chance, would be a good time to give him a shot.

West ham ain't no mugs this season mate, with no baines on top of barry, mirallas, stones and probably pienaar we could very well drop points in this one. Hopefully oviedo is fit if not I would wish him

I would give Garbutt a go against West Ham and Wolfsburg even if Baines is fit. We need to see how he can perform and also show him there are opportunities, plus it gives Baines a rest with the hectic schedule that is upon us.

I would give Garbutt a go against West Ham and Wolfsburg even if Baines is fit. We need to see how he can perform and also show him there are opportunities, plus it gives Baines a rest with the hectic schedule that is upon us.
Not sure about throwing Garbutt in against Wolfsburg. They are a good side at home.

The grocks of sakho and Carroll could give our defence a problem I hope we don't put young Garbutt out there tbh especially with distin shaky this season as it is we need experience at the back for this one

Is Oviedo still injured?
I think it would be a big ask to start Oviedo in this one,he needs easing back gradually,10/15 minute cameo's initially,dreadful injury he's had and added to the recent surgery i would give Garbutt his full league debut,looks a very composed lad from what I've seen of him pre season and in The Swansea cup game when he was probably our most solid performer,he won't let anyone down I'm sure.

......it's what we lose at the other end of the pitch that really hurts when our main FBs are not available. Both are almost unmatched in the workrate it takes to cover that area and then have real composure and quality when they get there.

Injuries happen and we have to cope. I like Garbutt a lot but Baines is a big loss. We'll just have to get on with it.

sorry to put a bit of a downer on here but I have suffered numerous hamstring injuries in the past and the only hammy injury you can get back from in 2 weeks is a tightening. If like they say it is a grade 1 tear I would say it's 3 weeks before he can start pushing hard, if not it WILL go again.

I reckon Bainsey will be fit. This will be the team for West Ham:

Howard
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
McCarthy Besic
McGeady Barkley Naismith
Lukaku

Vault me. Quote me. Touch me.

West ham ain't no mugs this season mate, with no baines on top of barry, mirallas, stones and probably pienaar we could very well drop points in this one. Hopefully oviedo is fit if not I would wish him
That wasn't meant to be a dig at the Hammers, they've been in great form this season. I'd be saying this regardless of who we were playing (probably unless it was City or Chelsea).

Garbutt returned from loan last season, gave up playing every week to warm our bench. You always see the other youngsters bring his name up, he was our best player in the pre season and always seems to be one of the England U/21's best players the England senior squad even got him training with them.

I've been disappointed that he's only made the one appearance this season I know it's so hard to play him when he's got the best left back in the league infront of him but it still would have been nice to see him get a game in the Europa league or come of the bench for a few minutes when we have a comfortable lead.

I would be angry and disappointed if we rushed Baines back when we have a young player like Luke who who's been working so hard and deserves a game just to sit him on the bench.

sorry to put a bit of a downer on here but I have suffered numerous hamstring injuries in the past and the only hammy injury you can get back from in 2 weeks is a tightening. If like they say it is a grade 1 tear I would say it's 3 weeks before he can start pushing hard, if not it WILL go again.

Isn't a "Grade one" a tightening/pull?

No point in rushing our best player back from a hanmy abd risking him missing a huge chunk of the season when we have such an able deputy in garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.